Topic

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

http://www.macworld.com/article/157393/2011/01/newlumixpocket.html

Panasonic's rugged camera line also receives a 3D-and-GPS-fueled update (and a fairly slick redesign) with the Lumix DMC-TS3. The new TS3 is a 12-megapixel CCD camera with a 4.6X optical zoom lens (28mm to 128mm, F3.3 to F18). The TS3 is rated as waterproof when submerged to depths of 40 feet (or less) underwater, shockproof when dropped from heights of up to 6.6 feet, freezeproof, and dustproof.

It provides the same in-camera GPS functionality as the Lumix ZS10, as well as a barometer, a compass, and an altimeter to spice up underwater, hiking, and snowboarding shoots. The TS3 also offers the new 3D mode to capture .MPO images with a quick pan of the camera, as well as full HD video recording at 1080i/60fps.

Panasonic's new flagship rugged camera supports a 3.7fps burst mode at full resolution and carries the new revamped uploading software for YouTube and Facebook. Pricing has yet to be announced; the TS3 will be available in March.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Gregory Petliski

@gregpphoto

I just started looking at this camera myself, and I was wondering if anyone has had first hand experience with the gps/altimeter/barometer features of the camera, and if so, how well each feature works?

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Bump.

I'm more interested in any account of image quality. I want a waterproof S90 and this looks about as close as is currently available.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I just got rid of a TS1. Image quality was spotty at best. Yes, it's waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, etc., but it doesn't do that well in a lot of conditions IMO. I decided to go to something with much higher imaqe quality since I got a GoPro for packrafting and don't plan to be taking photos during downpours.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools