Topic

Synthetic quilt for sub-freezing temperatures

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Synthetic quilt for sub-freezing temperatures

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Christine Thuermer

@chgeth1

@Sam:

Thanks, Sam – but what about the respective weight?

@Buck
    :

I agree with you – on a paddling trip weight does not really matter and I had been toying with the idea of a bag vs. a quilt. But I hate the idea of buying such a relatively expensive piece of equipment and then use it just one time for paddling.
    The quilt is more versatile and I can use it afterwards for hiking as well. This is the only reason why I want a quilt and not a full bag.

Christine

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

I bought an older BPL Cocoon 60 quilt (with 68 g/m Polarguard Delta) and added a layer of 5 oz/yrd Climashield to it. For me it's good to around freezing, and I like the skinny cut and excellent fabrics.

Christine Thuermer

@chgeth1

After all these discussions I have finally been lured into buying the BPL quilt by the gamblers' sale. I will test it on a 1,5 months hike through Germany this spring and if it passes this test I will take it to the Yukon and test it further.
    I promise to write a review of the quilt as soon as possible – and trust me, I will really test it thoroughly.
    Thanks for all the advice and input!
    Christine

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools