Topic

Montane eVent Halo Stretch Jacket @ Geartrade.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Montane eVent Halo Stretch Jacket @ Geartrade.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike TV
    BPL Member

@uncowed

Locale: the heartland

There are two of these on geartrade at the moment at steep discount. The reseller is backcountry and they are "like new" condition. I've been eyeing the small, but can't justify purchasing another hard shell even though it's eVent! Someone snatch em up so they can stop tempting me. For what it's worth, i'm not affiliated with BC or geartrade.

Size small, black for $170 w/ shipping included
    http://www.geartrade.com/item/173172

Size medium, burnt orange for $160 w/ shipping included
    http://www.geartrade.com/item/175448

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Medium is already gone

John Castro-Rappl
    BPL Member

@jabber

Saw that it was available. Went to transfer money to my checking account. Came back… …gone. Still need a rain/wind shell then :)

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Montane makes some pretty good gear.

BackCountry.com has two smalls for $220 with their unlimited return warranty. Can see some reviews there, too.
    http://www.backcountry.com/montane-event-halo-stretch-jacket-mens

Forbes Belk
    BPL Member

@forbesb-2

Locale: Bay Area

I bought this jacket from Backcountry when it was on sale last Fall. Ended up returning it. Zipper got stuck constantly and it weighed significantly more than their website said at the time (tipped my scale at just under a pound).

Got a Rab Demand Pullover for cheaper than the sale price at the time. Much lighter, 3 layer vs (I've been told) 2.5 layer eVent on the Halo.

The hood on the Halo was better in my opinion though.

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

I have the Halo in a men's small size and it weighs 13oz by my scale. Got it on Backcountry.com for $219 a couple of months ago. I'm happy with it. Great hood and I really like the pocket setup. Very comfortable fit.

I agree that the zipper's tough but I've gotten used to it and I do like the 2-way zipper for venting options. That and the long high pockets (mesh-lined) have been sufficient compensation for no pit-zips (for me, at least. YMMV) Pockets are compatible with backpack waistbelts.

All that said, with all the great sales out there right now, the $219 price tag is probably only "fair" in terms of value. For the $170 price at geartrade, I think it's worth it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools