Topic

Enduroflex frame

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Enduroflex frame

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Do you know how much this weighs? It's used in Outdoorproducts branded packs.

I can only find the weight for a more deluxe frame that has the suspension. That thing is over 5 lbs. The suspension must be heavy because there are full packs sporting the frame that are ~3 pounds.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Had Peak 1 pack from Coleman way back when. Had a similar frame that was over 2 pounds. Did work OK though.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Ken – I still have that peak 1 wasting away in the back of my gear closet. I remember I grabbed it a few years ago and if I remember right it was over 2lbs.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

2 pounds is a bit more than I was hoping the frame would weigh, but I think I can work with it.

Scott Nelson
    BPL Member

@nlsscott

Locale: Southern California and Sierras

I wonder if you could take this basic frame and cut off sections and substitue them with aluminum arrow shafts, etc. to make it lighter? Join it with tie-wraps?

Jordan Clymer

@jordanclymer

Locale: The Columbia Gorge

You know, if you really wanted to lighten things up…
    It wouldn't be terribly difficult or too expensive to purchase a sheet of finished carbon fiber and route out a similar design with a Dremel.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools