Topic

campsaver up to 50% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals campsaver up to 50% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

dear god … must resists … arrgggg

http://www.campsaver.com/

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

looked through it, and i still get a better deal. there isn't much for 50% off. the stuff i would get, not on sale…

Richard Barish

@rdbarish

Locale: New Mexico

Thanks for the tip! I picked up a Montbell Alpine Light jacket for $112 and an OR Helium for $98, both pretty good deals, I think. I'm new to the BPL community as I get back into backpacking, but it's a great site with an abundance of information, including the sale alerts on this forum.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

hey richard … np

just wanted to bring up a point, if you havent already tried the jackets in person …

the OR helium has a athletic fit … while the MB alp light is a bit puffy … so if you're going to fit the same sized MB under the OR you may get compression

just a heads up if you didnt already know … campsaver does have a fit guarantee that covers all costs though …

thanks

Fit Guarantee

All of our Men's and Women's apparel and footwear comes with what we like to call a Fit Guarantee. If the apparel/footwear you purchased does not fit comfortably and you'd like to exchange it for another size, we will cover not only the cost of the return shipping, but also shipping the replacement size (if in-stock) to you. The Fit Guarantee only applies to shipping within the continental United States. At CampSaver you can buy with confidence that you will like what you buy, risk-free. Please allow 2 weeks for replacement item shipping. If you have any questions about our Fit Guarantee, give us a call at 1-877-883-6276.

Richard Barish

@rdbarish

Hi Eric:

Thanks for the information. No, I haven't had the opportunity to see these jackets in person or try them on. If you are familiar with the Alpine Light, I have a question about the fit. My intention is to use it for spring, fall, and summer high altitude camping, and my idea is that I will wear it directly over my base layer, so I want a fairly snug fit. I am a small, slender guy – 5'6", 125 lbs. – so I really need a jacket that is not designed to be worn over other layers. I have a Montbell Extremely Light jacket, size small, and that fits perfectly, but I read one comment in a thread that suggested that the Alpine Light may be sized bigger. Do you know anything about that?

With respect to the Helium, I also ordered it in a size small, but may end up having to exchange it if it fits too snugly. The wonderfully informative Mr. Nisley indicates that some compression will not affect warmth, and since the Alpine Light is mostly for camp use, restriction on movement is not a big deal, but I will just have to try it on and see. Anyhow, thanks again for the information.

Richard

Evan McCarthy
    BPL Member

@evanrussia-2

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I use the Alpine Light and find the size small appropriately sized. I'm not much bigger than you at 5'9", 140 lbs. I know they offer the XS but I would stay with the small if I were you. It's sized right. I'm dealing with this now in the opposite direction because I almost wish I had an additional medium Alpine Light for dead of winter layering underneath the Alpine Light for below 15/20 degrees. (I make it work with the small, though.)

Richard Barish

@rdbarish

Thanks for the feedback, Evan. I'll try it and see how it works.

Evan McCarthy
    BPL Member

@evanrussia-2

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I'm actually wearing the small Alpine Light parka in this picture of me.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

hey richard … as evan indicated for your size the small MB should work … you should be able to layer it over your exl if you need … id suggest having a tad of room for the alp lt for winter layering as suggested

for the helium im pretty sure itll fit over your small exl …

hope that helps ….

Richard Barish

@rdbarish

Thanks, Eric. That was helpful. I should have it in a week or so, and I'll see how they work. Like they say, the proof is in the padding.

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

Thanks for the heads up. I snagged some random base layers for the wife and I.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools