Topic

Invitation: BPL 3rd Annual Trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Invitation: BPL 3rd Annual Trip

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Feb. 25-27 Henry Coe State Park

Just a general invitation to those of you who may be on the fence about coming. You are of course welcome to come even if you don't live in the Bay Area. Or California for that matter. You will not be judged by the gear you bring. So newbies shouldn't feel nervous. We have people attending from all over. You could carpool with someone if you can't afford the gas, or whatever. This event has been a blast every year. Don't miss out. If you have any questions or need help getting there please feel free to PM me or Ken H.

Please don't reply here, as I want to bump the invite a few more times before the event.

See other thread here

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=35044

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Shameless promotional bump. I'm going to bump this until you come. You know who you are.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Bump

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

I've managed to steer the dates for a visit to our bay area daughter so that they overlap that weekend. Count me in for Sat morning thru Sunday! I'll send $$ Real Soon Now.

I might need a ride one or both ways (San Jose). But we don't have lodging details yet.

Jim Colten

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

If I wasn't working again, I'd be all over this.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Jim, I am sure someone will have you taken care of for a ride. If not, then let me know, I live right above San Jose in the Santa Cruz Mtns. and might be able to pick you up

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Folks, let's not post on this thread but the other Bay Area BPL thread. Ken T. wants to keep this as an invitation.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Sat. bump

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

" You will not be judged by the gear you bring "

oh PUH-lease …
    .. and you will be additionally judged on if you bogart the scotch. i personally will judge you, you , and YOU .. on pretty much everything else, including even your hat, and the looks of your girlfriend.
    so, if only to avoid the debilitating effects of post erection (of your tarp) judgement, bring your coolest gear, your finest duds, and best looking girlfriend.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Bump

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Thanks for doing that Tony!

This should be a fantastic weekend!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Just a general invitation to those of you who may be on the fence about coming. You are of course welcome to come even if you don't live in the Bay Area. Or California for that matter. You will not be judged by the gear you bring. So newbies shouldn't feel nervous. We have people attending from all over. You could carpool with someone if you can't afford the gas, or whatever. This event has been a blast every year. Don't miss out. If you have any questions or need help getting there please feel free to PM me or Ken H.

Please don't reply here, as I want to bump the invite a few more times before the event.

Check out the links in Tony's post 2nd from the top

See other thread here

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=35044

I'll be packing the van a month from now. Coming up soon!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Well we are filling up fast! We have 54 persons confirmed for Saturday. With 20 in the unheard from herd. We could be nearing our capacity at these two sites. If you want to go, please speak up. RSVP if you haven't already.

16 for Friday, so far…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

If you are thinking of coming act now. We are near capacity. Thanks to all who have responded. All we need now is good weather.

I hope as much as some of you out there that this should be one of my last posts on this event until I get back from it.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

One of the last bumps..

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Check out the links in Tony's post 2nd from the top

See other thread here

Coming up soon!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Well at Henry Coe the park is going to let us take a few vehicles to the group spot on Saturday to allow us to haul in supplies. If you want to have things brought to camp, like coolers and chairs, firewood. We will need you to be at the trailhead fairly early on Saturday. I would suggest getting and early start anyway, as there will be much to do and see, eat and drink. Ken H and I will be there Friday night. If you have things for the swap meet we can haul that stuff to and have the sale in camp. Then we will drive it all back out on Sunday morning.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Ken,

What time do you want to make the meeting for supply and gear drop off for the supply vehicles?

I have box of duraflame logs to have driven in….maybe a chair.

-Tony

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Tony, let me call them tomorrow to see what time they will let us through the gate.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

No answer there today Tony. I left a detailed message and my contact info. I will try again tomorrow.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Ken, they might have the HQ closed during the weekdays. Do you want me to call them this weekend??

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Yeah didn't think about that. I'll try on Sat. then.
    Thanks for the offer Ken.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Well we are basically full. We have 65+ persons confirmed for Saturday. With some still in the unheard from herd. We are near capacity at these two sites. If you wanted to go, and have not RSVP please do so very soon.

24 for Friday, so far…

Those thinking about Friday and have not checked in with me, be aware that the members here have reserved some spots and are willing to share the expense of with others. Check with me before you reserve a spot.

16 days

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

For those of you coming Saturday, what time do you think you will be getting there? We will be driving the support vehicles in on Sat. morning and would like to have time to do some things before you all get there. So 9:30-10 sound reasonable? Or do you want to get going at 6am?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools