Topic

Another snow trip?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Another snow trip?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Dewey Point is even more interesting on a heavy snow year when there is a big cornice built up around the edges of the rock. You never quite know where to walk.

–B.G.–

kevin smith

@divr6347

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ski/detail?entry_id=85537&tsp=1

this was sent to me by jane baack is this where you guys stayed??

looks like a mess up there

kevin

Marc Eldridge
    BPL Member

@meld

Locale: The here and now.

This is a description of the events that took place. We were behind the Boy Scout Leaders who had stayed in the meadow and who broke the last 1.5 miles of trail for us to the parking lot.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

First of all, I want to say that I am glad that you guys made it out okay and are all back home safely.

Maybe I should be thankful that I was still getting over from being sick and did not go on the trip.

That said, I soooo want to hear about your adventure and see photos!

Any trip that you can get back from and tell stories about is a good trip.

-Tony

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Soooooooooooooooooo let me get this straight…..You all slept in the lodge….Did anyone have earplugs???????

Jumpbackjack??????????????

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Sounds like an epic trip with lots of company for the misery, non-avalanche terrain, and a good story to tell. I do wish I had 20 companions last time I had to break 3 feet of fresh snow!

Give them a break. It's a great blog post but got beaten up because it was posted on a newspaper site.

I posted a comment on the news site that obese people cost me way more each year (in my group health insurance and medicare premiums) than any S&R this side of the moon will ever cost them.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Trip report is startedhere

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools