Topic

Weighing Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Weighing Gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East
    Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

This is what I use. It is an Ohaus Triple Beam Scale and comes with extra weights. You can buy them used sort of cheap if you look hard enough. They will measure to a tenth of a gram.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I bought mine on Ebay… there are always tons of them on sale.

Some scales only go to 5 lbs. I prefer the ones that go up to 30 lbs — in 1/10th of an ounce increments. Anything above 30 lbs, (say the entire backpack plus contents), I weigh it using my digital bathroom scale.

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

I use a pelouze postal scale from my local Staples store. Cheap… digital… an accurate to the gram. For weighing my full pack… I use my digital bathroom scale… but a better option would be a digital fish scale (with a hook).

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I use the Pelouze SP5, which I believe is the same one David mentions above. Up to 5lbs in tenths of ounces, and in grams. Definitely shop around, E-Bay is a good suggestion.

-Mark

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Pelouze, 5# capacity in 0.1oz or 1gram

It has about a 6″ diameter plate. For uncooperative items, I weight a small cardboard box, set the tare weight to zero, add my item and it displays only the item’s weight (without the box). For $34 bucks from Staples Office Supply, I been very happy. (Has auto shutoff to save batteries).

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=0&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=99556&cmArea=SEARCH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools