Topic

MontBell Sale at frontcountry.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals MontBell Sale at frontcountry.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Gabriel

@rgabriel

Locale: Bay Area

Sale on select MontBell items. Just received a UL down inner jacket for $121 out the door. BTW, I love this jacket so far.

http://www.frontcountry.com/site/xdpy/sb/Montbell.htm

Anonymous
    Inactive

DAMN YOU!!!!!!

thanks.

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Locale: Texas

I wear my inner jacket every day! Does anyone own both the inner jacket and the UL wind parka? Should the same size wind parka fit over the inner jacket, or should I size up? The size Large inner jacket fits me perfectly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a down innner last fall and purchased a wind jacket in the same size, but it was too small. I would definitely size up if I were you.

Richard Barish

@rdbarish

Locale: New Mexico

I snagged a Ex Light Down Inner Jacket for $133. I'm curious – why did you guys purchase the UL instead of the Ex Lt for only a few dollars more?

Nathaniel McCartney
    BPL Member

@theleafman

Locale: Central PA

The prices returned to normal right before my very eyes. Wish I'd seen this earlier!

Ryan Gabriel

@rgabriel

Locale: Bay Area

Trust me, I've given it a lot of thought, but at the end, I needed a place to put my giftcards on the way to Starbucks.

Kidding aside, yeah, I sacrificed the difference in weight for the pockets for when the jacket is worn as an outside layer. Also, just FYI, frontcountry's website states the UL inner with a standard DWR finish – the one I received has the DWR finish with MontBell's Polkatex, which claims to hold it's "DWR-ness" through 100 washes. I'll let you guys know in about 50 years if this holds true.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools