Topic

The new EB clearance begins? Peak XV (Medium, Red) 40% on the clearance site

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals The new EB clearance begins? Peak XV (Medium, Red) 40% on the clearance site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota
    Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

I've been trying to get a pair of the Igniter pants in M for months now…

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

One of the reviewers states he used the jacket down to minus 50 F. Any takers to test that out???

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i wouldn't see why not. if you had the matching pants for it… there's so much down in that thing

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

Crappah i been waiting for a wicked deal on that for a month now. Where did you find the link? I check everyday to see what is going on with EB?

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

Basically, every so often someone updates the stock, the items appear on the Clearance page, and don't get removed until someone manually does so. So you could very well see the item because it was there today, yesterday, last week, who knows? You have to actually click on the item to see if there is one still available for sale.

Then you just sit there and keep reloading until your size appears.

It's a pain but the prices are pretty darn good.

Val C

@goosebumps

go the the nearest EB retail store and if they have your size, ask the mgr to sell you one for the clearance price. If you can't get on there, call the EB store in Burlington VT. They'll probably do it and mail it too. They have last yrs model in black and lava(nice orange!). This model doesn't have the reinforcement on the sleeves and no big bottle pocket inside. Worth a try if you really want one.

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

patrick- I just take a look every morning. Actually, wrote a script that checks every morning for me and sends me a list of what's there, with the exception of the things I've put on an ignore list. I've got something similar setup for GearTrade, watching for anything in my size by certain companies. :)

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

So what is the clearance page link?

The more i think about it the XV is prob way more jacket than i will ever need. I mean last time i was atop a peak in New England it was -15-20% with the wind chill. I was more than fine in my 10 gram Montane North Star. I actually only pulled it on behind a snow covered bolder steps before i stepped onto the open summit ridge and well after the tree line. Before that i was in a Cap 1 and a Rab Alpine Pull On no hat no gloves all the way from the lot. I suppose if i wanted to camp above tree line or when it was 20% below i might need the XV? Who knows maybe i would want it even to camp if it was 5-10% but i doubt it?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

i was thinking of getting one or a mec reflex ..

then i thought to myself …

will i be doing a 6000m peak next year? … will i be going to the antartica … will i be saving polar bears in the arctic? … will i be in yellowstone in the dead of winter?

if you answer no to the above … you dont NEED one

whether you want one or not … well thats up to you ;)

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

that's funny eric. i had the same conversation with myself

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

patrick – go to eddiebauer.com. See "CLEARANCE" in the nav bar at the top? Click it. :)

Here's a direct link:

Men's Outerwear Clearance

I've had the exact thoughts about a jacket like this. Even sitting outside, ice fishing in northern Minnesota with -40 F windchills I don't think I'd need it. But want? Sure!

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

"We're sorry, this product is no longer available."

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

That's what it says when they run out. There might be more tomorrow, or in another color or size. Our, out might be gone altogether!

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I just talked to Eddie Bauer and they have changed there policies at their warehouse stores w/ regard to matching online prices with FA product from in-store.

During the First Ascent madness with the Downlite Jackets last year you could call a warehouse store, find the jacket (that the warehouse had listed at a different price and thus had in stock) and get that jacket for the price listed on the online clearance (i.e WAY less). Now, they are limited to 50% off on all FA items. FYI

Hopefully save someone a chase on last years workaround deals.

Cheers

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

It looks like another round of clearance is starting? Peak XV, guide pants, rainier pants, PL1 jacket so far.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Just so people are clear, you can find all the clearance items on the EB website, not the first ascent site. Go to clearance, click mens, click outerwear. Looks like both colors and all sizes are in stock

While I've never pushed the limits of my peak xv, I have enjoyed it in 0 degrees. Best value parka in the 2lb range.

Look around for coupons online…there might be additional discounts. I grabbed mine for 150 shipped around Jan a couple years ago

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

FRIEND99

code should get you free shipping on $99+ purchases

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Random follow up on what Brandon said in January… Not sure what the deal is, but my local (non-warehouse) store said they'd be willing to match price on clearance FA stuff. They've had the Mountain Guide jacket on sale on the website for $69, and for $129 or so at my local store. They said they'd do a price match as long as I came in armed with a print off showing the price on the clearance site.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools