Topic

My gear list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists My gear list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brett Marl
    Spectator

@brettmarl

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I just started a new blog on my ultralight gear.

My gear list in all it’s glory is located on:

“>http://www.brettonstuff.com/?p=1

For each item of gear, I’m writing an in-depth review for the item and how we have used it.

Would love to get feedback and the site and our gear and/or comments from people on how we can fine tune.

Currently my wifes pack is 7.5 lbs base weight, and mine is 10.5 lbs.

Thanks!
    -Brett

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Brett,

Your BLOG looks good.

You should put the size of your items where their is one such as pants, shoes, jacket etc. There is a golf like “handicap’ for anyone that wears larger then size medium or size 9.5 shoe. Sure.

I think you might recheck some of your math. Not sure but some totals look low. Don’t trust the posted weightof gear, weigh it yourself if you haven’t.

Why is your pack list so heavy?

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

I agree, nice looking blog. Bill is right on listing the sizes, other than that….looks great!

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

Locale: Northern California

Brett – nice list, and nice format!

(One small typo: it currently says “Cloudburt” for the tent.)

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

Great site with good info. I’m trying to decide between the GoLite Infinity and Jam and I think after reading your blog, that the Jam should be plenty big.

I’m interested to see what’s in your first aid kit.

Also, any issues with the water purification tablets? I currently use a MSR miniworks pump and I’m looking to lighten up…

Scott Toraason

@kimot2

At first I thought you might not be warm enough as I reviewed your North Cascade hike, then I recounted your layers. Very nice site! What I was a little confused about was the opening statement of getting four days of backpacking gear into a pack, yet at the bottom the food for two was estimated for three days. However I now understand that these are not mutually exclusive statements.

Brett Marl
    Spectator

@brettmarl

Locale: Pacific Northwest

thanks for the feedback.

i fixed the cloudburt typo (thanks), and the 4 vs. 3 days. a

i also completed all my gear posts – including the innards of my first aid kit and my experiences with the MicroPUR tabs.

the weights listed should be the ones that i weighed myself (unless, i’ve mis-typed in some areas)

bill – you say to check my math with “Why is your pack list so heavy?”. not sure what you are refering to here.

great idea on including the sizes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools