Topic

Anyone own a Eddie Bauer Peak XV

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Anyone own a Eddie Bauer Peak XV

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Robin,
    that K7 looks like a great jacket…I'm wondering if the 750fp rating is a EU rating (which I suspect) or a US rating. The Peak XV is 850FP US.

What we really need is MEC to starting making the the reflex parka again…that beast was amazing and light.

Robin T

@robban

Yes Mountain-Equipment use EU fill power.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

EU 750fp is no more than 800fp US and so a little less quality than the Peak XV jacket at US 850fp. Peak XV is fully baffled construction as well so that shouldn't be a difference between those two jackets. I suspect the main difference in weight with the Peak XV and the K7 is the shell material used. The Peak XV uses Cordura fabric which is quite beefy and durable from abrasion.

Ryan Bressler
    BPL Member

@ryanbressler

We bought men's and women's in the fall at the 40% off black friday sale. Men's has big inside pockets and more burly construction (including water proof breathable shell I think). Women's seems to still be the old lighter design with no inside pockets.

I keep a 2 liter dromalite in my inside pockets no problem…haven't tried a nalgene but sure it would be fine.

Robin T

@robban

Dont get me wrong. I own the first modell of the peak xv jacket and i love it. But if the newer versions is heavier and less insulating and cost more money than the first version then thats a step back to me.
    And ive read many reviews of people saying that the first version was the best.
    When it first came it was a light as a middleweight jacket but warm enough for everest. Now its warm as a middleweight jacket but almost weigh as much as the heavyweight expedition jackets.
    Im sure the Cordura is a durable fabric.
    Mountain-Equipment use the Drilite loft fabric in their Anapurna jacket, Greenland jacket and Redline suite. Thats the gear they recomend for himalaya and polar expedition so im sure its durable enough aswell. My Peak XV has 850 us fp 90/10 down. Mountain-Equipment use 750 eu fp 93/7 down. Im sure their 750 down is equal to 850 us down.

Simas Peciura

@pechius

Thank you for your answers, K7 looks like a great jacket, but it would be really interesting to see the clo values for Peak XV jacket. Does anybody know what it is for 2010 version?

Robin T

@robban

Richard Nilsey said that it had a clo of 7.47. If the new modell has 2 oz less down filling it should be around 6,5 clo

Simas Peciura

@pechius

So if anyone's interested at last I was able to find out down fill weight of the 2010 model of Eddie Bauer Peak XV jacket:
    S-M-L-XL-XXL
    DOWN WEIGHTS(2010) (OZ) 12.08 12.76 13.6 14.5 15.31
    DOWN WEIGHTS(Current) 10.08 10.5 11.07 11.7 ?

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools