Topic

Titanium Goat, Goat Poles Trekking Pole REVIEW

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Titanium Goat, Goat Poles Trekking Pole REVIEW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cat Jasins
    BPL Member

@catjasins

Bernard Shaw

@be_here_nowearthlink-net

Locale: Upstate New York

Good, factual and fair review, as usual! I use one Goat Pole as my tarp and hiking pole doing the JMT with them, over high water, ice & snow, dangerous spots on passes etc. Really fabulous in every way.

I have the two piece version, which I unqualifyably recommend. Yes I made and glued a small round piece of foam on the top of the grip to keep it from sliding, and to soften to top of the grip, it works perfectly. And, yes, I glued the small basket to keep from losing it. I did not find that the blunt end slipped on rocks, but then again, I don’t really depend on my pole for that type of thing, so this may be a fair point, no pun intended.

The two piece version also has a sheath of plastic protecting the first 6″ of the shaft. I could not tell it these poles had that from the article.

5/5, really fine poles, and really fair price too.
    Evan

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Thanks for the second opinion, Evan. I had come to settle on the Titanium Goat poles through my own investigation and it’s nice to have read the new reviews this morning that back up what I’d found. The failings mentioned by Will are easily remedied (as he points out) with a little ingenuity.

I think I would have to go with the break-down model as well since I know there are times when I simply don’t want to hike with the poles. Not to mention having to take them on a train or plane.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Look forward to a review of the Goat Take Down 2-piece poles that will be coming out next week. You will also see our Carbon Fiber Trekking Pole Review Summary at that time. Enjoy!

For a clarification, the shealths you mention are called Rock Shields and were not tested in either of these reviews.

Thanks for your interest-
    Doug Johnson
    Section Editor- Trekking Poles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools