Topic

Christmas GooseFeet Giveaway

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Christmas GooseFeet Giveaway

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

I will be giving 2 lucky people free pairs of GooseFeet Down Socks.

Will it be you?? Nope!

In the spirit of the season, I would like for you to tell me about someone you know that could really use a pair of GooseFeet. Please describe who they are, and why they could REALLY use these socks this winter. You are on your honor that you will not be describing yourself.

Just reply to this forum post with your entry (limited to one per person).

The community here at BPL will vote for the 2 winners on Friday, December 17th.

I will send the givers the pairs of socks for him or her to give as a gift to the winner.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

– Ben Smith
    GooseFeet

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

my buddy i hike/hammock with. he supports himself, his 2 kids, and his wife on his steel mill salary. they spend all their money on their kids for christmas so him and his wife don't get each other anything. the dude works his ass off and doesn't get a christmas present??? i bought him a down sweater that someone sold me here at a great price (to support my buddy). he can't afford great gear by any means.

how about you keeping his feet toasty with the best down boots available???

edited: what a cool man you are for doing this for 2 lucky people…

Weiyi Wang
    Spectator

@wwyjedi

Locale: mid

I would love to give a pair of warm down socks to my wife. She always has cold feet, even with wool slipper. I warm her cold feet every night (both at home and on trail) with my belly in bed. I love to see her comforting smile.

Aaron Rosenberg

@icculus81

I am writing this for my father. He 59, my hero, and has stage 4 colon cancer with peritoneal (membrane that forms the lining of the abdominal wall) implants. My dad is in the middle of intensive chemotherapy. Besides feeling sick from the chemo, it causes another rough side effect called peripheral neuropathy. Basically, when his extremities are exposed to, or are cold, they go numb. His toes, feet, and fingers feel numbness, tingling, and the sensation of pins and needles. He has to always wear gloves, socks, ect. Even with socks and shoes/slippers, he is often complaining about his feet being numb, and feeling unstable walking cause he can't feel them.

I believe that the GooseFeet would greatly improve my father's comfort and spirits while going through this tough treatment for a horrible disease.

I look forward to reading the other entries. Thanks for your consideration.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

After two stem cell transplant treatments for my multiply myeloma cancer I can verify ALL that Aaron has said concerning his dads physical repercussions from his chemo treatment….neuropathy and cold feet do to his RBC count being suppressed that are the most noticeable and definitely irritating. While the GooseFeet will not suppress the neuropathy, they will definitely help with the cold feet and moral spirits….I used Feathered Friends inner down booties since the GooseFeet Company was not yet established.

“Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be lead by your dreams.”

Michael Williams

@mlebwill

Locale: Colorado

Well shoot. There is a nice guy who has been very kind to my family. I was thinking about writing up some stuff about him, but after reading about Aaron's Dad, I don't want to.

My vote would be for Aaron's Dad. I really hope he gets them and my best wishes are with you Aaron.

Mike

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Another vote here for Aaron's dad!

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

It's not December 17th yet, folks!

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Another vote here for Aaron's dad!

Ditto that!

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

People are ruining giveaways.

(sorry… I think about that thread title ALL the time…)

{:)

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Well since Aaron's dad obviously deserves one pair, I'll nominate my alter-ego "El Javan(pronounced with an H sound for the J, a-la spanish!)", as someone who obviously doesn't deserve booties, but definitely still has a "pair"!

No seriously, that guy is an a-hole, don't trust 'em, dopplegangers with accents aren't cool, they're just wierd. WTF guy!#@?

Aaron Rosenberg

@icculus81

All of y'all are amazing. Thank you so much for the support, and voting for my father (even though its early voting). Its means a lot to me. What a great community we have here. I am relatively new, but have read quite a bit and learned so much.

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

… for Aaron's pops. He definitely has my vote! All the best to you and your Dad, Aaron.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

My 21 year old cat used to frolic in the the backyard snow, but now his feet are to tender and cold. I set of down boots might solve his problem.

It'll be impossible to come up with a more deserving person then Aaron's dad…..for at least one pair.

B Phan
    Spectator

@grltrvlr

I agree, Aaron's dad should get a pair. I'd like to nominate my mom for the second pair, if I may. She takes care of my dad 24/7, who is nearly paralyzed after coping with Parkinson's disease for over 20 years. She herself is getting up there in years and is a tiny person, hence always cold. This summer when it was 90 degrees outside, she was wearing a wool turtleneck. And she knits copious amounts of scarves for my dad and herself. My dad sweats all the time because my mom thinks he must be as cold as she is! Perhaps keeping her warmer will help him stay cooler.

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

another vote for Aaron's dad!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aaron's dad, without a doubt. Best Wishes, enjoy your time together!

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Last day to nominate people for the giveaway!

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

id like to nominate my dad … he's getting to the point where he's getting real old and cranky, the asian bruce lee slippers just don't do it anymore … normally id get him some fuzzy fur lined slippers, but i don't believe in slaughtering cute animals to keep one's feet warm … ive also thought about polartec or primaloft, but then it comes from petrol, and we all know that using petrol kills cute fuzzy white bears …

so the only thing left is down … some poofy down socks would reduce the crankiness and makes sure im in his will … as a bonus if you send us the entire goose, i promise that we wont waste any of it … making peking duck we'll use everything

thanks!!!

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

OK people, I'm going to make the executive decision to give one pair to Aaron's dad. For the other pair, I need people to send me a PM with your vote. At the end of the day (or tomorrow morning), I will announce the winner of the second pair of socks.

Thanks for your participation, and Merry Christmas!

– Ben Smith

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Any more last minute votes?

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

There was a tie between B Phan and Josh Wagner, so both of them get a pair!

Aaron, Josh, and B Phan please contact me at goosefeet AT hotmail DOT com to let me know sizes, colors, down fill, and address.

If your nomination was not chosen, you can still order from now until Monday and you will get a 10% discount.

Thanks to everyone for participating! There will be another contest in mid January, so be watching for that!

– Ben Smith

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

pretty awesome of you brosef. i'm extremely grateful for my buddy. contact info coming

Aaron Rosenberg

@icculus81

Thank you so much Ben. My pops will be so happy with warm toes. Emailing you the info now.

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I didn't vote for the second recipient because I couldn't decide between B Phan and Josh Wagner! What a generous decision!

Kudos to you, Ben, for making the holidays happier for these folks, and also for producing a great product! Merry Christmas!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools