Topic

Thermarest Trekker Chair work with Exped Downmat 9 Pump?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thermarest Trekker Chair work with Exped Downmat 9 Pump?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Warren Crow
    BPL Member

@crowculbertson

Locale: Alabama

Like many others specifically for winter camping I have acquired the Exped Downmat 9 Pump for colder camping and for better comfort in my older years. Is there a chance that the Thermarest Trekker Chair I have for the Prolite Plus will work with the Exped Downmat 9 Pump?

I suspect my pads will be chair dependent.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Warren, I managed to squeeze a Downmat into a chair kit, but even with minimal inflation I popped something on the pad. It wouldn't stay inflated any more. It could've just been a fluke, but IME I'd consider another option for your chair.

Given that the Trekker chair kit weighs 10.5oz, perhaps a Crazy Creek Hexalite at 14.8oz? Supplement insulation w/a small square of foam on the seat?

Warren Crow
    BPL Member

@crowculbertson

Brad
    Are you saying that the Exped chair kit (from Exped) made for their pads can do damage to the Exped Downmat?

I think that is what you are saying.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

I dunno… haven't tried it! To be honest, didn't realize they made one. I would assume that if any damage occurred to your pad using their chair kit (& not your trekker kit) that Exped would take care of you. I guess I'd try it w/minimal inflation? Before the experience I described I'd never blown out a pad; I'm probably just being overly cautious.

Warren Crow
    BPL Member

@crowculbertson

Well you have sold me my friend. I will not try to put the square peg (Exped Downmat 9) in the round hole (Trekker Chair).

Thanks.

I have the Exped chair kit on order as we speak.

But you do have me concerned now with the sensitivity of inflatables that just using the downmat for other than just a sleeping pad introduces susceptibility to puncture.

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

I have used an exped down 9 with a big Agnes ultra light chair kit with no problem. Maybe cut a square of tyvec to go under your chair for extra protection.You don't need a lot of air. I would start off slow and add more after you sit in it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools