Topic

When did the site change?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web When did the site change?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

That happened today, right?

I'm not crazy

and the little 'intro' section should prove to be most beneficial. (you know what I'm talkin bout)

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

I'm sure the 'Upgrade button wasn't there a few minutes ago.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

It seems to showcase the offerings of BPL more and push the member/lifetime member options more aggressively.

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

Haven't been on since last night, but, definitely seems different.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Hey, cool. I just noticed that you can view your posts by going into "My Account" as well as "View My Profile." I had asked about that last week, though it was probably in the works at that point.

Levon Jensen
    BPL Member

@levonjensen

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Whats with the massive UPGRADE button on the menu? little annoying when you already have a membership no?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Unless I'm missing it, there doesn't seem to be a way to view BPL as a regular site on my iPhone. It looks like a "mobile" format. Can anyone help me?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Unless I'm missing it, there doesn't seem to be a way to view BPL as a regular site on my iPhone. It looks like a "mobile" format. Can anyone help me?"

That's part of the site 'upgrade.'

Weiyi Wang
    Spectator

@wwyjedi

Locale: mid

I like the iPhone friendly home page. Now they just need to make the forum iPhone friendly. Come on guys! :P

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Major changes to the site won't happen until late in 2011. We're keeping with the times a bit and "freshening up" the homepage tonight however.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

>I like the iPhone friendly home page. Now they just need to make the forum iPhone friendly. Come on guys! :P

I agree that it's nice. I'd just like the option to view it as a regular web page as well. Sometimes the full page is simply easir to navigate.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Hopefully the format for the forums does not change. This is one of the easiest to navigate, it looks clean, and basically, just free of any B.S. Some tweaking might be good, but I'd leave the looks and format alone!

There's my 2 cents. Don't spend it all in one place. :)

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"just free of any B.S."

Travis, I'm hurt. I thought you read my posts……

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Har har har @ Douglas!

The forums will definitely be undergoing a change. They are old and in need of improvement in many ways, but I do appreciate their simplicity. These changes are all still in the planning phase.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Douglas, as far as your posts go, they are at such a magnitude of B.S. that the entire BPL site has to be considered separately from your activity. :)

I kid. They're fun to read.

Regarding the forum change, I know my opinion is really of little consequence in the grand scheme of BPL's operations. Even though the forums are "old," their simplicity is an endearing factor. Too many sites are awash with crap that clutters the information. Yes, there are improvements that need to happen, but mainly in the way how information is accessed through the search function.

I'll try not to harp on it too much, but I personally think the format is fantastic. Good luck with the creation of the new website though!

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

simple is good but I would like to at least see some features like a quote button and an easier way to do hyperlinks.

Ben Klocek
    BPL Member

@klocek-admin

Thanks everyone for your comments.

We have been making some changes the home page, navigation and a few other places.

As some of you noticed, on certain devices, you are seeing a slightly new version of the site. It's still a work in progress, and we welcome any feedback. Please leave any comments, feedback, suggestions or bugs reports at this thread: Mobile Version of BPL.

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

I love these forums.

None of the smiley face BS, and I think that these forums embody the UL mindset, with everything you need and nothing you don't. (I wouldn't mind a better search function though).

"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add but when there is nothing more to subtract"

"make it as simple as possible and no simpler"

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools