Topic

MSR Hubba HP Real Weight???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MSR Hubba HP Real Weight???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    F. Thomas Matica

@ftm1776

Locale: Vancouver, WA

The MSR site says: Minimum Weight
    2 lbs 9 oz / 1160 g. I think that means the fly, tent body and poles and does not include the pegs, tie cords or sacks, etc.
    Does anyone know the weight of all of the above plus the practical items as cord, sacks, pegs?? How much does the Hubba HP rig weigh that you carry???? How close is it to 3 pounds???

Thanks, Thomas

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

MSR lists the packaged weight at exactly 3 pounds. I haven't weighed one to verify.

F. Thomas Matica

@ftm1776

Locale: Vancouver, WA

Thanks Brad,

I think the "packaged" weight even includes the box and packing materials and everything inside when shipped.
    So that would put the tent trail pack weight at something less than 3 pounds. Yes?????

Has anyone weighed their own Hubbba HP as carried??

It seems to me that the Hubba HP would weigh a little less than a Big Agnes Cooper Spur UL1. I weighed a UL1 from the factory, including the tent body, fly, pegs, poles at just a smidgen below 3 pounds……maybe 2.95 pounds, as I recall.

Raymond Estrella

@rayestrella

Locale: Northern Minnesota

I can't tell you the weight of the Hubba HP but I reviewed the Hubba Hubba HP and am writing up the Carbon Fiber 3 right now.

The packaged weight is the weight of everything that comes with the tent, including guylines, owners manual, etc. It does not include "packaging".

The minimum weight is just the body, fly and poles. Since it has to have at least three stakes (two at the back corners and one at the vestibule) I would add that weight to the BPL Trail weight.

The CF3 actually came in under the listed weight. Kudos to MSR for that.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

The packaged weight is generally the other stuff you mentioned… guylines, stakes, stuff sacks, etc. There's no box or packing materials for tents such as the Hubba.

I usually find that adding ~4 ounces to the minimum weight gets me roughly to actual trail weight. That assumes light stakes & light guylines, but not using the stuff sacks (well, sometimes the stake one), & not carrying pole splints/etc.

The minimum weights of the two tents in question are 2 ounces different, w/the MSR listing as lighter… so yeah, it's probably going to weigh a hair under 3 pounds…

David Ure

@familyguy

Sorry Mr.Mica – just looked at my e-mails and saw the PM. I can reply here.

The Hubba HP weighed exactly 3lbs with the tags attached in packed form with all stuff sacks, pole repair sleeve, instructions (attached to the stuff sack), pegs, and additional guyline. The tent weighed exactly 2lbs, 9oz with poles, inner tent body, and fly. That was without pegs. So I would think the trail weight with lighter pegs would be 2lbs 11oz.

Bobby Pack
    BPL Member

@piddler

Locale: West Virginia

My 2010 Hubba HP weighs three pound and 1/4 ounce with two extra ti stakes and two extra guy lines.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools