Topic

NEW BD Spot headlamp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) NEW BD Spot headlamp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

sorry if this was brought up before but i just saw this at rei. I have the previous model and love it. not the lightest possible but it definitely has the best brightness to weight ratio. looks like they made some cool mods including red lights, a fading dimmer instead of set levels. and also 15 lumens brighter. i found this video review on youtube

YouTube video

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

It is a nice upgrade over the previous version, 15 lumens makes a difference. My buddy snagged the new Spot recently for trailrunning. I'm not impressed with the output or the features for the price but it does the job. The Petzl Tikka XP2 is slightly more expensive and probably the best value, especially with the new Tikka Core regulated battery accessory. The flip down diffuser, 68 lumens, low weight, regulation and customization abilities makes the Tikka XP2 hard to pass up in this price range.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I just snagged it recently for $30 on sale. So far I'm happy with it. The dimming feature is cool.

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

I bought one about 2 months ago. i played with it after i bought it and it was cool but i have yet to use it.

Shane Duff
    BPL Member

@falco

Locale: South Eastern Sierras

$20 on SAC right now. Only 10 more minutes.

David Ure

@familyguy

"$20 on SAC right now. Only 10 more minutes."

That's the old version.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools