Topic

New Pricing on 2.2mm Dyneema Cord

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New Pricing on 2.2mm Dyneema Cord

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Everyone,

I found a new cord supplier that has lower prices. Its the same cord as before with the only difference being a lower price. This savings is being passed on to my customers. The only problem is I purchased all their instock cord. They are saying it will be a few weeks before they can get more cord and hopefully the prices will be the same. The new price is $16.95 with free USPS ground shipping (usually takes 3-4days). Mountainfitter.com

Side Note: Instead of calling it 2.2mm Dyneema Cord, I want to come up with a relly good cord name. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Lawson

Mountainfitter 2.2mm Dyneema Accessory Cord

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

I want to come up with a relly good cord name. Any suggestions?

Neon Synthetic Hemp Cordage. Definitely.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Neon .22

My suggestion is to turn the 2.2 into a .22

Neon Fiber .22

Maybe I'll be in a more creative mood later.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Howabout Duraline?

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

It's simple, short, effective and to the point.

Oh, and catchy.

Thumbs up.

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Kline Line

Patrick Browning
    BPL Member

@optimator

I like Kline Line as well. How tight is the braid on this stuff?

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

DYNEE-MITE!!

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

What Joe said!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Thanks Guys, I like all the names. KlineLine is cool because it would make my family proud and kind of has a ring to it. Duraline is a good because the stuff is super durable. Dynee-mite is good because it sounds like a bomber type line. Do you think I could use this name if I switched to a spectra based product? Reason I ask is because I am working with a braider to come up with my own line. I am hoping for 1.8mm hi-viz yellow or hi-viz orange with black and reflective tracers. They are currently seeing if its something they can do as well as pricing Dyneema vs. Spectra. Think Kelty Triptease but no core, no stretch and weight rated to 500+lbs.

Side Note: The braid is a really tight 12 strand.

Patrick Browning
    BPL Member

@optimator

Think Kelty Triptease but no core, no stretch and weight rated to 500+lbs

Oh yeah, I like that. I'd be replacing all my tarp & tent lines!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Do you prefer a single braid or a double braid cord? If one over the other then why? Say both were comparable in size, weight, and strength.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

In diameters used on sailboats double braid provides for ways to make very strong eye splices.

I do not KNOW if this translates to small diameter cordage but I seem to recall seeing that done with braided fishing line.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Howabout the name Guywire? Sounds tough as nails…

Looks like my dream cord cannot be made, especially at my mind boggling dream price. I however have found a company to make me a very nice cord. Its a urethane coated orange 1.8mm solid braid spectra rated to 800lbs. The urethane coating and the solid braid construction works well for holding knots. I think I will be able to offer it for a limited time at $12.95 per 50' just so the product can get some exposure. You will never find this kind of cord for this kind of pricing. If anyone is interested please let me know. I want to make sure the company makes me enough and I don't run out.. They are fitting my production run in this time but next time they said it could be a few weeks to a month. Oh I almost forgot, the price includes free shipping.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

GuyWire is perfect. Bring it on!

Joseph Ainsworth
    Spectator

@jainsworth123

Locale: Greater LA area

I'll be in for 2-3. I want to experiment with a few things.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools