Topic

Hogan Goes Mirrorless

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Hogan Goes Mirrorless

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Chris Townsend
    BPL Member

@christownsend

Locale: Cairngorms National Park

David, yes, the 450D sensor is clearly inferior to those of the later Canons. However, as I've said, the results were fine at low ISOs and it is a good camera.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> I don't use the Canon 450D above ISO 400 for any serious work. I reckon I can ISO1600 will just be okay with the NEX 5.
    In which context it is worth reviewing what Canon have done with the G11 camera. They decided they would not continue the marketing megapixel wars by continually upping the number of pixels in the sensor (beyond any reasonable limits based on physics). Instead they chose to restrict the number of pixels and to use the advances in semiconductor technology to reduce the noise levels. As a result, ISO 400 on the G11 is very usable compared to previous cameras.

As the G11 has SLR-style controls, I find it very nice to use.

Cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools