Topic

Momentum 50

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Momentum 50

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

I have read posts by others, too, who noticed varying amounts of down leakage through Nobul1. I guess it might be variation in fabric lots and variation in batches of down of a given fill power. The fill in my quilt is 850fp water resistant down, and I've noticed fewer than one escaping down plume per trip with it. I also notice, though, that the water resistant down seems a bit "clingy". It clumps more readily and doesn't flow as fluidly as regular 850fp in the baffles. Maybe the plumes tend not to leak out because they cling to eachother and are less free to move than regular down plumes. The other Titanium Goat fabric, Nobul2, is a little heavier (0.76 oz/yd), but more downproof and water resistant.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

When I get up in morning, there are maybe 20 or 50 pieces of down/feather. Actually, it's more feather than down.

But, it'll take a while before noticeable loss of loft. There must be many thousands of pieces of down/feather in my sleeping bag.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Millions!!

Even though it won't affect the performance for a very very long time we gave up on nobul1 because of this issue. I really love the feel of it and it was hard to let it go. If you're making gear for yourself and a few bits of fill each stuff cycle is ok with you this is the most comfortable fabric you will find.

-Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools