Topic

Dancing Light Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Dancing Light Gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I belatedly heard that Dancing Light Gear has closed shop, and the store portion of their website is no longer available ( http://www.trailquest.net ). Has anyone heard what happened? There was no comment of someone else taking over the manufacturing/marketing like Gossamer Gear.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I could never remember the URL for the DLG store so I usually Googled Dancing Light Gear store. A search for that a few minutes ago brought up nothing promising.

I remembered having posted the link to my del.icio.us “backpacking gear ultralight manufacturers” and upon perusing those links, found that:

http://trailquest.net/store.html

is no longer working. Brawny and Rainmaker had some really good gear ideas at good prices. I came close to buying a Tacoma Solo a few times.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

They have decided to call it quits

Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

Locale: The Great Lake State

That’s too bad, I’ve bought a few things from them that have all worked great. I really love my Tacoma solo w/bug netting, I’ve been using it all summer, great minimalist shelter.

Rick Hancock
    BPL Member

@rickhancock

Anti Gravity Gear sells several items patterned after DLG. They offer 2 sizes of the basic tarp tent and 2 sizes of the basic with floor and netting. Very friendly/helpful good prices too.
    antigravitygear.com

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Yep, Tin Man at AntiGravityGear has happily bought the patters for some of the DancingLightGear tarptents. Here's a link if you're lazy and don't want to copy from Rick's post ; )

AntiGravityGear

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

Sorry to hear that Dancing Light has gone out of business. I bought some small items in the past and they are very good.

Rich

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools