Topic

Quilt fill advice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Quilt fill advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alexander L
    BPL Member

@lexeverything

Locale: Joshua Tree

Hey all! Had a thought about my quilt and was wondering what you guys think, or would suggest…

Made this summer quilt a while back. It weighs 12 ounces, full baffling, and is filled with 6 ounces of thru-hiker 850 down.

I was wondering if I distribute another ounce to ounce and a half of Thru-Hiker 900 fill into the upper half of the quilt, will it add any measurable degree of warmth? I figured that if I did this, and also wore a UL inner vest or inner jacket… I could take this thing comfortably down to the high 30's – low 40's… making it my summer + quilt. Bad idea?quilt

Andy Anderson
    BPL Member

@ianders

Locale: Southeast

Not sure about the question, but thats a nice looking quilt. Would you be interested in making one for me?

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Alexander,

Nice looking piece of craftsmanship!

Yes, adding down to the upper baffles will increase the warmth. No doubt about it.

Todd

Alexander L
    BPL Member

@lexeverything

Locale: Joshua Tree

Thanks gents! Andy, I so don't want to make another one of these… which is why I would rather stuff a few more ounces in this one, than make a new 30 degree quilt ;)

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

"Would you be interested in making one for me?"

I can recommend Javan Dempsey. PM him to get started.

Fine Custom Work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools