Topic

Los Padres, Vicente Flat, Nov 2010

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Los Padres, Vicente Flat, Nov 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I'll leave most of this to the pictures…
    Adan, his daughter Emma, Greg, my daughter Libby and I met on Saturday morning at the trailhead. We hiked in 5 miles to Vicente Flat where we found a spot that would accomodate two tarps and two hammocks. Sunday morning Greg left to go back and the four of us to a dayhike toward Cone peak. We hiked up about 4 miles, then headed back to have enough time ti do our camp chores. We left on Monday morning.
    This was a great trip with great people. The girls had a lot of fun and did very well with all the uphill and the poison Oak.
    Has to be one of the prettiest trails, as far as ocean views and the variety of landscapes and vegetation.

The view hiking up along the ocean

Greg Gressel, patiently waining for us

Libby, Adan,Emma backpacking " light"…

Ferns…

Hammocks.

4of us

Adan's setup

Ladybugs, so many!

ladybugs

ladybugs

lb

Peakaboo

peakaboo

Sunday daytrip

Daytrip

creek

Getting higher

madrone

little peak

Our own little summit

our own little summit

Heading back Monday

back

back

adan

Adan and daughter Emma

Adan and Emma

trail back

Emma and Libby, tired but satisfied

Emma and Libby

ocean view

trail back

Tarantula on the trail

tarantula

Dylan Snodgrass

@truenorth

Locale: San Francisco, CA

Awesome you guys! The weather was perfect that weekend and the girls looked like they had a good time, sweet. Those ladybugs where crazy. I'm coming next time…

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

I've been waiting for this trip report…

Wish I could have made it to hike with you and Adan, meet the daughters, etc…

What a difference a week makes (weather wise)…

Dylan lives??? Have you been lurking? I sent you a few emails but they bounced back so I thought you decided to stay in baja. Did the French guys complete the loop?

Love the photo of Adan's beefy stick (for his tarp)!!!

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

The third photo, from the waist up, looks suspiciously like me. Does Greg also hike with a dish towel on his head? I've got to meet this guy.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I am way jealous!! Wish I could of maid it- looks like you all had great time– Nice ladybugs!

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Very nice Kat……..was poison oak an issue at all for anyone?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Thanks for sharing that Kat. Looks like a great time. Are the hammock users converted?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

David, I think Emma got some poison Oak, and I already had rashes on my arms and neck and also got a little more, even with all the precautions. I have had some on me pretty much for the last 6 months, so I am just dealing with it.
    Ken, yes, we are converted. After a night in the hammock, I don't even had that bit of back pain that I mostly wake up with at home. And I actually sleep on my back, which I don't in my bed. Finding the right trees is a little harder than I had thought at first though.

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

Great report Kat! Me and Emma had so much fun and she especially enjoyed Libby, Kat's daughter. Another special treat for us was the lively and sometimes raucous owl-calls at night, what a magical place. thanks for havin us Kat! Casey, thanks for noticing! And its good to see Dylan is still in the mix. Greg, thanks not only for your patience but for your funny campfire stories. Emmas light rash was not poison oak after all, so we got out clean somehow. We did scrub down thouroughly with Technu just in case.

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

Break

Summit push

Great Trail

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

Looks beautiful.Cone peak!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools