Topic

L.L. bean 20% off. Need help finding diamonds in the rough…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals L.L. bean 20% off. Need help finding diamonds in the rough…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josh Christensen

@jpc44

Locale: NE

Ok, so L.L. Bean isn't my favorite store but I have a bunch of credit there and saw they had a 20% off sale(code is november20) which ends today!(19th). Plus there's free shipping, and a 10$ gift certif for orders over 50, and returns are easy(ok, enough rationalizing…)
    So I bought: Pretzl e+lite, snowpeak 600(with hotlip thing), sea to summit sil-nylon stuff sacks(only at store, couldnt see it online, website kinda sucks), steripen opti.
    Good items I didnt buy: big angnes fly creek(1 or 2) copper spur 3.
    Things I'm still considering:
    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/52238?from=SR&feat=sr
    these are the only carbon fiber poles I could find. I assume removing the useless peices I could get them to 12 oz, maybe. But is it bad to have "snowshoe" poles?

I also see they have a merino wool hoodie, but it looks heavy, but might buy for casual wear.
    Any opinions? Other diamonds in the rough? I also need a knife but, does anyone see a good one there? Light/good shoes?

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The poles look like they are made by Komperdell, so probably not too much different from REI's carbon UL poles. I'd remove the baskets and the wrist straps.

They have a 3/8" CCF pad for $19.00 for winter insulation

A lot of lightweight/one-bag travel people like the Quickload Travel Pack.

Ascent Primaloft Hooded Jacket

Silva compasses

UL 850 Down Vest

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I used the 20% off to order my wife a new x-country ski package- their prices were the lowest on packages w/o the discount to begin w/, w/ the discount it was close to a $200 difference!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools