Topic

It’s like Christmas came early this year

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) It’s like Christmas came early this year

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Vince Contreras
    BPL Member

@pillowthread

Locale: like, in my head???

There should be a Hilleberg Allak waiting for me when I get home today. I put my Moss Stargazer/Tentwing up on ebay last week, and it went for a few dollars shy of $1200, so yes, in a few respects Christmas did come early…

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Wow Thom, loving the custom black and the 1.5 spec. What't it weigh with the custom cuben?

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

I will confirm the weight but I seem to recall Ron saying it would come in at around 14oz complete with cords and matching stuff sack. I will also post a few additional pictures soon.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

4 of these for $20 each

290 wt aussie wallaroo merino wool

and new snowscopic ice axe

and westcomb kokanee

and ID microbvi

and OR Helium

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

These have been keeping my toes toasty warm. Size medium, 1/2 ounce overfill

booties

Had the dyneema soles added on as I intended to wear these puppies in the apt as well as in my sleeping bag. Only an additional .1 oz penalty for the peace of mind of knowing my booties will have outstanding durability.

2.8 ounces of solid backcountry gold

Josh Newkirk
    BPL Member

@newkirk

Locale: Washington/Alaska

sweet booties, did you get the covers as well for walking on snow around camp and stuff? Why did you get the extra 1/2 ounce of down? Did you want them to rate to a certain temp?

on a side note, is that mark twain i see in the background of your pic?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hey Josh, no covers yet. I plan on experimenting with Tyvek booties first, since they are..well..very cheap at a couple bucks a pair. They should be waterproof enough for snow use.

I got the extra 1/2 ounce of down because I simply figured that over-fill will always be better and cheaper than getting a pair that aren't sufficiently warm enough for my personal needs, resulting in me having to sell and re-buy. I have bad circulation in my feet, and my toes get cold easily. I'm glad I got the overfill because when I got the booties, the toe area wasn't that filled. I was able to shift the down from the ankle area back down to the toe area. It's only half an ounce between 2 booties, so each bootie only got .25 ounces more, But just by looking at the photos and comparing with the stock photos on his site, you can tell how much more loft the .25 ounces per bootie results in.

Ah, Mr. Twain indeed! That's my kindle 3 e-reader that you're looking at, but i have no control over what you see. When the kindle goes into sleep mode it randomly generates a picture from an archive of famous writers and images. I don't have any Mark Twain on my reader…maybe it's a ploy to get me to buy some of his books :)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Black Cuben fiber. That's going to be a problem:-) Looks great!

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

@ Eric,

X4 Sugoi wallaroos @ $20!? Score. What size? ;-)

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

i bought 3 med and 1 small … they have everything from small to XXL

retail is $160 each …

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools