Topic

Where to buy fabric for first MYOG

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Where to buy fabric for first MYOG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve King

@sskings

About to embark on my first MYOG. Going to build a replacement fly for my beloved 17 year old North Face Bullfrog tent. Where's the best place to get materials? I've looked at websites for Seattle Fabrics, Owfinc, Rockywoods, and Quest. Being my first effort I'd appreciate a place that will spend a few minutes on the phone with me. Thanks for your help. Steve

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

Steve, I think I have purchased from all the shops you listed and not had any problems. I have talked with the folks at OWFinc and would recommend them for phone conversation, they are most knowledgable. You might also want to check out thru-hiker.com. Ayce is extremely knowledgable with respect to light weight backpacking materials. I've only echanged emails with that group, but great experience.

Jamie

Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

I have ordered fabrics from all those you listed plus thru-hiker and backwoodsdaydreamer.

I have had good experiences with all of them.

The shipping from seattlefabrics has been more expensive then the others who all seem to be about the same.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Steve,

Noah Lamport handles 1.9 oz urethane coated ripstop and also handles silnylon but you have to call for fabric weight/color/availability.

1-800-548-6940

I believe they have a 10 yard minimum and a $5.00 cutting fee.

Good luck with your project.

Party On,

Newton

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools