Topic

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    >> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated :) You all have been keeping me extremely busy; thank you! If I missed an email feel free to poke me as I think I am all caught up.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Bender, whats the ETA til we see a new homepage? I'm curious to know some estimated weights, and what options you have for synthetic insulation filled mats

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I didn't even hear that rumor…I just ordered a pad from Bender a few days ago.

Not sure about the new website but when I was ordering, Bender was right on top of the e-mails I sent him. Got back to me with weights and prices the same day i emailed him through his website. We went back and forth a few times before I made my decision.

A+ on customer service.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

Conrad I have no eta but I can tell you it is being worked on. Typically I use Climashield XP in 2.5 & 5 oz versions.

Here is the 5 oz compared to what BA uses for its insulated air mats. On top is the BA ;) I need to get the latest PEO Peak ELITE or Ether Elite for comparison. They are using similar insulation to the BA. FYI this still weighs less than the BA pad on top even with the exact same dimensions.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

And I thought this was going to be a thread about Mark Twain :)

Josh Newkirk
    BPL Member

@newkirk

Locale: Washington/Alaska

we could discuss twain, i just studied huck finn in american lit.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."

–B.G.–

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."

Lawrence Destefano

@resigned

Locale: Subtropical Wetlands in SE Sunbelt

Quote by Bender:
    "If I missed an email feel free to poke me as I think I am all caught up."

Bender, I'm curious – did you ever receive any of my 8 emails? There's a glitch in your system if you haven't. Other than that it sounds like you're safe and in good spirits. Good luck.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

I sent Bender an email yesterday and he replied today. He's always been pretty quick to reply.

V k
    Spectator

@vladimir_ek

Locale: New York

I have been trying to get specs on a winter sleeping pad for about 5 weeks. First my emails to Bender went unanswered then I got a reply and an apology. However, the reply didn't have information I was looking for.
    I am still waiting to get a response to my last email from several weeks ago.
    Not sure what's going on. Winter is short around here, hope I can get a response before it's over…..

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

I have no clue if this has anything to do with it, but what email do you use to contact him? Do you go through his website, PM, or other email address?

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

I did both, through Bender at BPL and through the Kookabay site.

The BPL was over a few weeks, no reply, and the Kookabay a few days.

This is likely not his day job though, so I understand. People have priorities and hobbies should sometimes take a back seat. It's too bad though because I'd really like a 14 oz R4 pad.

I still have a couple of weeks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools