Topic

quark gear freedom 3.2oz crocs $6 on 6pm

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals quark gear freedom 3.2oz crocs $6 on 6pm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

reguarly 30-40

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

Where is that at?

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

Jason Swadley
    BPL Member

@jswadley

Locale: New England

Thanks for this – I picked up a pair. Note that, from what I've read, the actual weight is quite a bit higher for larger sizes (the 3.2oz figure is for a small shoe).

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

I got the womens size 13, which is a little larger than a mens size 10. I plan to cut off the excess, should work fine as long as my foot is in contact all the way and the backstrap is being used

Mine were pretty big, they weighed around 5oz, but after cutting off a bunch of material, they weigh 3.3. I also removed the back strap and replaced with a tripled over shockcord.

L. T.

@guinness1759

FWIW, size 15 weighs 14.4 oz/pair using a myweigh scale. I usually wear a men's 13 and these are a tad too big. I never thought of replacing the heel strap…..

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

Mine were too big so i slid my foot all the way forward. I buried a knife vertically in the material where my heel was to mark it. I then sawed it off. The bottom is also very thick, so i went all down the bottom of the shoe and cut off alot. The shoe on the bottom is about 1/4" thick now. I removed the back strap and replaced it with a blue cord i had laying around, just put it in the holes.

3.2oz is the advertised weight of the shoe, i have never owned these and never knew how much they would weigh. It is a bit deceptive for advertisers to do that though. But you are getting one of the lightest croc-type shoes around. You can certainly shave off several ounces by modifying yours as i did. I can post pics tonight. Be careful not to cut yourself, its dangerous sawing this thing down. Hold it with needle nose pliers or something.

Yours should be heavier! You have a size 15 foot! Mine are now probably somewhere in the size 9 range.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

REI has this similar style for more women's sizes (5-11) and @ $6.93 – 30% off coupon, that is tough to beat:

http://www.rei.com/product/804474

These are $8.93 w/ holes:

http://www.rei.com/product/804473

Jason Swadley
    BPL Member

@jswadley

Locale: New England

Mine in size 14 weigh in at 6.40 oz each. But darn if they aren't comfy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools