Topic

Photos of ULA Conduit Please?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Photos of ULA Conduit Please?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Is there an owner of the ULA Conduit that would be willing to take some nice close-up shots of this fine piece of manufacturing for those of us who are considering it as an addition to our rigs? I’m simply not pleased with the smallish photos that Mr. Frankle has provided on his Web site. He makes fine equipment so I won’t fault him. Besides he’s in the middle of a few month trek so probably wont’ see this anyway ; )

Johnny Gish
    Spectator

@jtgish

Locale: Colorado

ask and you shall receive, let me know if you would like more.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Perfect! That was precisely what I was looking for. It’s especially nice to see it sitting upon the back full of stuff to get a feel for how it rides and how it cups the back. The closeups are excellent as well. I really appreciate it.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

How does this pack work for volume? From the ULA web site, it is clear how the volume is calculated– they do include the volume of the pockets– 1100ci/18L. How many days can you go with a pack that size?

It does look well made and the lower shoulder strap attachment is a great idea.

Jason Smith
    BPL Member

@jasons

Locale: Northeast

First the Conduit is my favorite pack I have owned so far. However for size it feels smaller than my ghost which has a similar size listed. When I go hiking by myself, my base load of 10 pounds plus two liters of water, fits perfectly, with my food staped to the top. However, when I go with my girlfriend and carry an additional 3 pounds of tent, I start to have to strap the tent out side of the pack on top of the food. I love the pack design so much however that I am thinking of picking up a Circuit for hiking with my SO and winter backpacking.

Johnny Gish
    Spectator

@jtgish

Dale,
    Here a couple pics from my trip in the Weminuche Wilderness. I was carrying extra gear for a couple of the girls that went. There was plenty of volume for 3 nights, 4 days.

Will Rietveld
    BPL Member

@williwabbit

Locale: Southwest Colorado

Hi Sam. In addition to JT’s excellent photos, there is also an in-depth review of the Conduit on this website: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/ultralight_adventure_equipment_ula_conduit_backpack_review.html

Enjoy!
    Will

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Will –

I realized that soon after posting my request for photos. I had actually read your article with great interest a few weeks ago but my memory had fooled me. I thought I rememberd the review being of the Catalyst, not the Conduit.

Thank you for pointing it out to me again. I’ll probably go ahead and read it through again. I like the thoroughness of your approach.

Johnny Gish
    Spectator

@jtgish

Sam- glad the pictures were helpful.
    Will- is there a way to email you? i had questions about sw colorado where i think you live.
    [email protected]

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

JT, take a look at http://home.bresnan.net/~swultralight/

Will,
    any review of a Catalyst in the pipeline?

Will Rietveld
    BPL Member

@williwabbit

Locale: Southwest Colorado

Hi Tom, Sorry, no plans to review the ULA Catalyst right now. You might look at the Reader Reviews. Will

ian wright

@ianwright

Locale: Photo - Mt Everest - 1980

Great to see the photos.
    What are your opinions on the comfort of the pack?

I have 3 Arcteryx packs as I think they are incredible comfort-wise but the ULA packs are so lightwieght for their size that I’m very tempted.

I am looking for a smaller pack so have been looking at the ULA RELAY. Any opinions on this pack?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Is it just me or does the pack ride too low? It seems like it would put too much weight on your upper body

Jonathan Chiappa
    BPL Member

@chiappaj

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I’ve done several 3 day trips with the Relay. It’s perfect for my needs. 12 lbs total weight, off trail (wanted something rugged), and moderate weather.

It would be a little small for my full 3 season gear.

– Jon

RC
    BPL Member

@demo

Locale: PNW

Brad –

I think it is just how he is wearing it. If you tighten the hipbelt up to put most of the load on your hips, then it rides up high like any other pack with some sort of frame. Of course, a sleeping pad in the internal sleeve goes a long way in adding to the rigidity of the pack overall.

yet another very satisfied ULA Conduit owner here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools