Topic

Raingear…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Raingear…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

"I don't have any problem with non-breathable rain pants."

+1

I'm making myself some non-breathable rain pants with bomber 1.2oz cuben. I'm expecting the rain pants to come in around 2.5oz and be quite durable and more waterproof than anything.

Dug Shelby

@pittsburgh

Locale: Bay Area

I know the Scottish and the Irish were on this fashion trend a long time ago, but I'v ebeen seeing this pop up more often as an option for the lower half:

Rain skirts.

Lightweight, extremely breathable, and doesn't get all messy when you try to slide them over your muddy shoes. They do the job intended (keep you dry). Fashion style points? That's up to you! :)

Dug
    http://thf2.wordpress.com

David Lutz

@davidlutz

I would totally go for a rain kilt…..

Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@pkh

Locale: Nova Scotia

ULA sells a silnylon rain skirt – works like a charm.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Ken T. – Wanna make one?

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

If you can find one, I find the Montbell Peak Jacket works great. I think it may be discontinued now, but worth doing a quick search to see if you can find one. I bought one a few months ago. BPL did a review on it a few years ago here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/montbell_peak_rainshell_review.html

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

check out CAMP-usa. they have some sweet new UL gear. 8oz rain pants, 7 oz rain pullover, 3 oz wind pants, and 3 and 4 oz wind shells.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I've found Marmot Precip rain gear to be a good balance of weight/price/performance. You can find the jacket on sale for $69 or so.

Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

I've got a Super Mica for $150, if anyone is interested…

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools