Topic

Experience with AirCore Pro Guyline Cord Kit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Experience with AirCore Pro Guyline Cord Kit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David White
    BPL Member

@davidw

Locale: Midwest

Has anyone tried the BPL AirCore Pro Dyneema Guyline Cord Kit? http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/aircore_pro_dyneema_spectra_guyline_cord_50_ft.html

I’m getting a Gatewood Cape and I’m considering replacing the guylines with the BPL kit primarily because of the cam-lock tensioners (silnylon does stretch, and the tensioners would make it easier to snug things back up in the middle of a rain storm).

However, I’ve never heard of anyone’s real-life experience with this product.

Thanks!!!

David Bonn

@david_bonn

Locale: North Cascades

I like ’em.

I’ve used them on a GoLite Cave and a Gossamer Gear Spinntwin.

As I mentioned in another thread, I tie off the stakes with a clove hitch and use the cam-lock tensioners on the other end instead of a tautline hitch.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Definitely a good product. Camlocks work great for taking up slack, especially in winter when fingers are frozen. The weight is practically nothing and the cord handles well in spite of it’s size.

David White
    BPL Member

@davidw

Locale: Midwest

Thanks everyone. That’s exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I’ve used them in mountaineering applications where wind gusts got to well over 60mph. In cases where I could only crawl and prayed for my life, the guylines held well. Even though I SHOULD use supplied guylines when doing reviews of bomber tents, I will sometimes trade them out for these if I’m worried. :-)

Enjoy!
    Doug Johnson

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools