Topic

Stoic LTWT Short Sleeping Pad on SAC (~= Prolite Small)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Stoic LTWT Short Sleeping Pad on SAC (~= Prolite Small)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

The Stoic LTWT Short Sleeping pad is up on SAC for $25 for another 10 minutes. Great price on what looks like it'd be a nice competitor to the Prolite.

Doesn't stack up as well to the Torsolite, but it doesn't look too bad for $25…

Stoic LTWT – Short

I Asked:
    What is the R-Value of this pad? I am especially curious as it's listed as 4-season in the Recommended Use field of the specs… Thanks!

Someone Replied:
    R-Value of the Stoic LTWT Sleeping Pad – Short is 2.6. This pad should be classified as 3-season – not 4-season. If using in the snow, a closed-cell foam pad would be a highly recommended companion.

Stoic LTWT Step – Regular

I Asked:
    What is the R-Value if this pad? Is it really 2.5" thick as the specs say? If so, I'm definitely interested. Thanks!

Someone Replied:
    R-Value for Stoic LTWT Step Sleeping Pad – Regular is 2.9. Thickness of this pad is 1.5" at top end (top 2/3 of pad), and "STEPS" down to 1" thick at bottom end (bottom 1/3 of pad). If used alone, this pad is best suited for 3-season use. Paired with a closed-cell foam pad, the Stoic LTWT Step would be great for 4-season use as well.

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

Thought I'd bump this to say that there's a full length version on geartrade right now for $30 shipped, about $15 better than when it shows up on SAC: http://www.geartrade.com/item/158388

Matthew Marasco

@babymatty

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks

I picked up both, and they seem to be a great value. I picked them up separately and had the shipping combined. They both come with stuff sacks and repair kits, which is a nice touch.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools