Topic

Osprey Exos packs onsale at zappos.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Osprey Exos packs onsale at zappos.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

I have been looking at these packs since I read the review here.

I just found them onsale for a good discout at.

http://www.zappos.com

I bought the entire family one :)

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I own all three also. These are the most comfortable packs period. I own the many cottage industry light packs found on this site, but after 20 miles my shoulders and back get sore. Give me a little more weight and 10x the comfort any day.

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

I ended up doing this twice, i bought the 58s the first time and then decided I wanted the 46's

They took them back and even paid the shipping back.

they also have a 365 day return policy no questions asked, just like rei.

if you go to vip.zappos.com and register you get free overnight shipping on all orders.

David Ure

@familyguy

As always, YMMV, but I thought these were the most uncomfortable packs I had ever worn. Funny how pack fit tends to be a personal thing….

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

David, So true!… Packs fit everyones body differently. I'm a small guy at 5'9", 155 lbs with a 29" waist. I find the hip belt design of the Exos to hug me perfectly. My hiking buddy is a no fat big bone dude with a 36 waist and finds the Exos uncomfortable. Maybe if the hip belt started further apart from the pack it may fit him better??

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

I found the Exos to be moderately comfortable, but a long ways from ideal. Fit of a non-adjustable pack like this really varies. If you match Osprey's "normal" profile, you've got a great fit; otherwise, not so much!

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

I'm both fat *and* big boned, but most packs- especially Osprey packs- fit me much better than the Exos. I think your thought on where the hipbelts are anchored has a lot to do with it- seems like you'd need a 30" waist for the hipbelt to fit well…

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

36 waist and felt the same way. that bag is perfect for those who are "more narrow"

I do however own a talon 44 and that fits much better and is very close

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

>As always, YMMV, but I thought these were the most uncomfortable packs I had ever worn. Funny how pack fit tends to be a personal thing….

+100. I had a 46 and 58. Cool packs, and I really, really wanted them to work, but no. My skinny (31") buddy loves my 58.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools