Topic

*** Wa-ben (Cuben Wallet) free shipping ***

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals *** Wa-ben (Cuben Wallet) free shipping ***

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Locale: store.picharpak.com

is back instock now!

if you interested pls go to the below link for order.
    http://yasutomo2020.com/

update 13/4/2012
    for color reference pls take a look at the facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/yasutomo2020

cheers
    Jason

brent driggers
    BPL Member

@cadyak

Locale: southwest georgia

has a new meaning. I just ordered one. My old wallet was almost see through anyway.

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Thx for ur order Brent!
    I will try to ship it tomorrow morning!!

Ps it is a see thrus wallet :p

Tara poky

@littlecats

Locale: HK

Nice!
    Going to get this tomorrow, to replace my Nemo ditto wallet:']

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

deleted

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I just got my wallet in the mail today, and so far I've been extremely satisfied with all aspects of the product. Great job Jason! The service, packaging, and wallet were all excellent.

At first I was hesitant since I would be receiving the package from overseas, but ordering and delivery were extremely easy. Within a couple hours of paypaling him the amount through his website, I received a personal confirmation that my order was received and would be dispatched the following day. The next day I received tracking information which allowed me to track it from Hong Kong, to when it arrived in the states, and finally to my apartment door. (delivery was taken over by USPS when it arrived in the US)

Seeing as how this was uber-cottage industry to the extreme ( see his MYOG thread about this same wallet), all I expected was the wallet and nothing more. I was pleasantly surprised when the wallet came in its own heat-sealed plastic packaging. It was beautiful…very professional and no different than any product that rolled off a major manufacture's conveyor belt. I carefully opened the package (it was that nice, that I actually would feel bad doing the normal "bite and tear" approach that I do with so many things these days), and inspected the contents.

Inside the bag was 1 warranty card, a stuff sack, and my wallet inside the stuff sack. I read through the warranty literature.
    wallet package

My first thought was how professional the warranty card was (yeah i know, its just a warranty card). But i'm telling ya, this thing was printed on THICK cardboard stock, w/ a matte finish, and just exuded professionalism and uniqueness. His warranty covers basic workmanship and material defects. He also has a repair service (at charge) for wear and tear.
    warranty front
    warranty

The stuff sack was a bonus, as he never mentioned it would be included as part of the package. I *think* the material is spinnaker. I don't own anything made from spinnaker…but based on its potato chip bag crinkle, lightness, and color, i'm going with spinnaker.
    stuffsackwallet

The wallet itself was everything I expected. Came in right on spec at 19 grams. Stitching was even and clean, but could have been a little bit straighter. However, the build quality is definitely there. I'd say the stitching was better than zpacks (based on their stuff sacks)
    openwallet

Does it have the cool transparent effect that allows one to flash his bling? You betcha!
    wallet front

But more importantly, does it hold all your cards in, or does it allow them to slip out like other lightweight wallets? See for yourself
    fallout

Jason, you've offered a great product, and I'm looking forward to everything that you produce in the future

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Nice pics & writeup. Does the red dot on the wallet seem like it will scratch or peel off over time?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I think they are heat transferred on. They are pretty much flush with the material. Not sure about the longevity, but I also don't want to take a thumbnail to it just yet. I'll report back if it starts to peel, but maybe Jason can ring in.

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

Good review Conrad, now I might have to spend more money on Cuben. I'll be in HK so maybe I can take a look first.

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Thx Konrad for a detail review!!

Glad you like the wallet! The stitching is not prefect as it is hard to stitch such a thick layer of cuben, and it is slippery. There are 2 wallets was destroy due to the ugly stitching!

Yes the stuff sack is 0.75oz Spinnaker cloth!
    I am also developing a tent and a shelter, after tested it may launch!!

Hi Dan:
    the logo is screen printing, it should stay on for a period of time!

tommy d

@vinovampire

Nice looking wallet and a great review! That looks like a great product idea. I'll be interested to hear how it hold up over time and when we'll be seeing them at the local REI…. ;-)

Mangrove Jack

@mangrovejack

I placed my order last night, looks like quite a cool, unique wallet (and admittedly, somewhat geeky). I look forward to getting it.

Thanks for posting the review and photos konrad chen, your post persuaded me that I had to have one! :)

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

i am going to make another 10pcs
    expect to ship out end of NOV.

David Yasuda
    BPL Member

@highzoot

Locale: Idaho

Hey Jason,

Glad to see you went into production on your wallet. Awesome job, man!

Hey, I would definitely like to get one of these. Can I reserve one? Would be happy to pay in advance.

Thanks man!

Dave

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Thx Dave,

If you can pay in advance i can reserve one for you.
    if you confirm you are the 2nd in the list of 10.

Cheers
    Jason

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

Just ordered four… God it feels good to have half my Christmas shopping done!

Rich Albrecht
    BPL Member

@alliesdad

Locale: Tundra

hi jason-i would be interested in getting a couple (maybe 3?) wallets if you are making more and you think they would be here in time for xmas. the website link shows that they are soldout. happy to prepay if needed. let me know. thanks-rich

John Wozniak

@woz9683

Locale: Southeast

Jason,

Got my wallet a couple of weeks ago. Very happy with it. I agree with Konrad's review. Great packaging, quick service, and a very nice product. I'd like to add that so far it looks like it's going to hold up really well. I've singed a couple of threads to stop the ends from fraying, and that's it.

I do have just a couple very minor complaints/suggestions. For me, in a UL wallet, the two slots for bills is unnecessary. I'll only ever use one. The second slot creates some issues; when you open the wallet it has a little extra flap of fabric. Some extra fabric is needed, it helps the wallet close flat, but as it is right now, it's a little too long (7-8mm) so when you open the wallet it creates this little tongue on the back side. Also, the second slot makes the overall wallet about 4mm taller because of the offset and a few grams heavier.

Very nitpicky stuff, I know, but thought I'd mention it. Overall, I'd buy one again, but I'd be even more thrilled if I could buy another one with these minor refinements.

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Hi Rich
    You can try to click buy, it should stated currently how many pre order stock there. it should have enough, after Andrew placed a 4pcs order i am now getting another 5 pcs done so the next lot will be total 15pcs and around 6 out of 15 is reserved.

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Hi John,

Thx for the suggestions, at the very begining this wallet is base on a normal wallet like i say before in MYOG. So didnt think abt the extra slots will make the different, for myself i will use 2 slots so didnt thought so.

Hmmm if have more people request for a ultimate LITE version i willing to take off the outer shot! may be can give you few grams lighter! :P

To people who placed the order:
    I will going to ship them all out on early next week. Pls note the air mail may take little bit longer due to heavy traffic of x'mas presents flowing around!

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

Did all you guys get your wallets or any sort of contact after you paid via paypal?

Lau Chi Man Vincent
    Spectator

@bbyellow

Locale: Hong Kong

Hi Hudson,

Jason is on vacaution, i will let him know once he came back~

Vincent

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Mark has received the wallet.

Mark Hudson
    BPL Member

@vesteroid

Locale: Eastern Sierras

I did indeed. I am very pleased with the wallet.

Everyone I have shown it to has been impressed with the "thiness" and the the simple fact that most of them have never seen anything like it.

This wallet is thin enough to be carried in your front pocket with all 6 cards and bills if you want.

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

being for almost a year, i had come up some idea first branch only 10 has producted pls take a look the below photos and comments are welcome

I just add one piece of 0.75oz spinnaker in between the outer layer to make the wallet have color!! I had a wide range of color to choose from so the price will be the same no extra cost on the color version Wa-Ben wallet!!

Pls let me know which color you will like or suggest

color wallet 5

Wallet in yellow
    yellow wallet

Wallet in Dark Blue
    blue wallet

Wallet in Fluorescent Green
    green wallet

Wallet in white
    white wallet

Wallet in BlackBlack wallet

Color will be available :
    spin color

UPDATE current available stock 2/8/11:
    1pc Yellow
    1pcs White
    0pcs original [no extra piece of white 0.75oz cloth in between]

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools