Topic

Hiking/Backpacking partners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Hiking/Backpacking partners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Josh Newkirk
    BPL Member

@newkirk

Locale: Washington/Alaska

I moved into the Olympia,Washington area and looking to do some hiking and backpacking. Just trying to find people who might want to do some trips.

joseph a cruikshank

@bigfeet

Locale: maple valley, WA

Hi Josh. I live in Maple Valley and i'm always looking for someone to get out with. Send me a pm and we'll exchange info.

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

I'm in Vancouver BC and usually have 15+ days off a month. I'd love to check out the neighborhood. I'm no triathlete, but if you guys ever have any ideas and don't mind another, let me know.

Hught
    BPL Member

@hught

Just in case you haven't been there, a local resource is the Partners forum at nwhikers.net

David Carbiener
    BPL Member

@hikingdave

Locale: Northern California

Josh,
    I'm considering hiking the Wonderland Trail maybe in late August or early September. At this point I'm just in the thinking stage and do not have anything written in stone yet. I'm really waiting on some logistics. If it does come to fruition I'll drop you note here.
    David

Josh Newkirk
    BPL Member

@newkirk

Locale: Washington/Alaska

Hey David
    Yeah that sounds like a good trip. Just let me know as you have said when you decide. I think you need to reserve the camping sites in advance a fair chunk, you probably already know this though.

Josh

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

hike the spurs that go off the Wonderland. Mt Fremont looked really cool but we totally walked by. Its gonna take a bit out of you but I'm willing to bet the view is worth it.

And, if I were to do it again I'd hike from Summerland to Sunrise, (eat, drink, get your food drop)and hike up to Glacier Basin. I haven't been so I can't comment on the campsites, but i bet that the hike is worth it.

I don't know, I'm saying how awesome it MAY be… I just felt like, when I went, I just walked around the mtn without smelling enough roses. I was nervous because everybody said it was so hard so I went in with a take-no-prisoners attitude. My shoes looked great, the trail is in good repair, and there was a mountain. Don't let this happen to you.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by Unobtanium Brand horseshoes, and the letter 'n'.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools