Topic

Hiking Kilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Hiking Kilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

Locale: The Netherlands

"Me laying on the balloon bed."

Bill, if this sentence is the title of the photo than i think you're taking lightweight hiking a bit too seriously. I don't see you! Do you hike in 'ghost-mode' to save weight nowadays? :D

Anyway, what are you using as a pillow in this pic???

Eins

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

I was in "Stealth" mode in the other picture. My pillow is my GG pack liner with what even clothes in it I am not wearing.

Added on 22 May 2010:

One balloon like I am using weighs 3 grams each or 0.105 ounces each. That comes out to 159.6 balloons per pound.

Gene .

@tracker

Locale: New England

Bill, I would think the CheerStix would be worth their weight in durability over the balloons? On those wood plank shelter floors the chance of snagging the silk too would seem likely, even with a micro groundsheet.

I have only inflated my original 2 CheerStix twice since I told you about them! They've been under my futon sofa for almost a year now. I think it's more of an air temperature change, as opposed to air leaking out the end valve, as far as staying inflated. What's your opinion of this?

mark henley

@flash582

This may be a very silly question, but have you considered size extra large Latex cond_ms instead of balloons?

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand
    Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Sorry double post.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools