Topic

FS: More Titanium Cathole Trowels, <0.4 oz

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals FS: More Titanium Cathole Trowels, <0.4 oz

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

Locale: UL gear @ QiWiz.net

Having sourced a small supply of the right gauge of titanium to make more of these, I will continue to make and sell them until I run out of titanium.

Very light, very strong even though flexible, cuts through small roots very easily, and weighs 80% less than the ubiquitous orange plastic trowels. On my scale, a trowel is between 0.35 and 0.40 oz, which is the limit of my scale's accuracy. Approximately 6" long (see picture below).

You can get your own titanium and make your own trowel, but it's a lot of trouble. It's not at all easy to work with. Search out and read MYOG articles on this project for more description of what is involved:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=2508

So, I'm making some more of them for BPL'ers to help fund my gear habit. If you are a gear forum addict, you'll know that the first batch of six sold last week in a day, and I'm working as I write this on those six, plus subsequent pleas/orders for 3 more, including one international shipment!

You and I both know that you don't really NEED one, but you know you WANT one!

If you can't resist, send $28.50 PayPal Gift to me at robkelly54 at gmail dot com. In a separate email to the same address, send me your shipping address and let me know if you want a full Leukotape handle cover rather than the lighter handle-end cap that is the default option (see picture). Email me to inquire about small extra charge for international shipments.

When I ship these, I will include at no extra charge my Advanced Cathole Users Manual, with the secret recipe for poup soup included.

Ti Trowel

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is second for-sale I have seen using this method of escrow. What is the difference between regular paypal and paypal-gift?

Francis Chang

@pchang

switches Paypal's fee from the buyer to the seller….

Thanks for the Moment!

sheila o
    BPL Member

@bumpass

Locale: The Far Left Coast? : /

I believe that no one pays fees if it is "personal"

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

sheila is correct. no one pays a fee if it is a "personal" transaction. pretty good way to stick it to the man, as all deals here on gear swap are considered "backcountry transactions"

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

I thought a "gift" eliminated fees, but gave the buyer no "buyer protection". Since I'm a totally trustworthy BPL lifer, that should not concern anyone. ;)

If a Gift makes buyer pay fees, that's not my intention. Was trying to avoid fees for either party. I will research this and change to "personal" if that's a better way to go.

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

PayPal allows you to send money to your BPL "friends and family" with NO FEE – (Personal Tab; chose Gift or Other) when you use your PayPal balance or a bank account to fund the transaction.

Fees apply only if the sender uses a credit or debit card and will be 2.9% plus $0.30. This may be because the credit card company charges PayPal a fee, but I'm not sure about that.

Bottom line is that a "trowel fee" should amount to $1.13 if you use a credit or debit card to send the Gift Payment I ask for, but $0.00 if you use your bank account or PayPal balance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools