Topic

Adena Trace/Brookville Lake in Indiana

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Adena Trace/Brookville Lake in Indiana

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cory Whitesell

@coryw

Locale: Midwest

I was hoping to do this trail next weekend with my son. But, there is conflicting information online about whether backcountry camping is even allowed. The hoosier hikers council website says it is allowed *if* you do trail maintenance while out there.

I called the lake office and they told me the hoosier hikers council is overstepping their authority – and that no backcountry camping is allowed period.

This is pretty frustrating. Why have a 24 mile loop if you don't allow camping?

(there is also a standard campground along the trail – but spliting this into two – 12 mile days is too much for my son.

Anyone have experience with this trail?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools