Topic

Eddie Bauer 90th Anniversary – Sat Oct. 16

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Eddie Bauer 90th Anniversary – Sat Oct. 16

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Rumors are that Eddie Bauer will have a 30% off sale tomorrow marking their 90th anniversary.

With the one day only event and not having any luck finding the Downlight Sweater on their clearance site in my size I'm tempted to go buy the current year's model. At a proposed price of $118.30+tax ($169-30%) should I bite the bullet or hold out and get a Montbell Ex-Light? Any experiences with the vest or parka?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

do you need it right now … there will likely be massive sales post xmas ….

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Someone wrote that they are still putting stock up early in the morning. I have seen more down sweaters a couple times over the last week– at $40 and change.

I want one of those fleece hoodies they have– gridded stuff like an R1.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Looks like they had a similar sale to celebrate in Feb. Are you sure they're having another?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

oh … as to the other part of the question

i guarantee youll get more use out of the downlight … i have both and im afraid to wear the ex without a shell … it feels that fragile

the EB ill wear anywhere … around town, in the woods on its own, etc…

ex is great … but its a specialized piece of gear that you need be careful with …

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

I went to try one on this Monday to see what fit so I knew what size to order if I saw one on the clearance site. I'm between a M/L in Eddie Bauer sizing so I probably won't snag one at clearance pricing. The shop clerk told me that I should come back this weekend for their 90th anniversary sale for big discounts. Several mall websites show the event as a 30% off sale.

The store clerk also said I could return it if it ever started showing feather loss. Maybe he was just trying to make a sale, but that seems like a pretty good return policy.

Google "eddie bauer 30% october 16 2010" for results.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

30% off everything including sale and clearance items…code CELEBRATE

Mark Bishop
    BPL Member

@mark_b

Locale: Northwest (WA)

I went to the nearby EB store today thinking the sale lasted through the weekend – turns out if was Saturday, 16th, only. Oh well…I'll wait til the next sale.

I curious if anyone has weighed the new style downlight sweater? The nylon shell changed from the earlier version and seems a bit heavier although the drop-in pockets (inside jacket) are gone now which is a shame but might offset a weight increase with the new fabric.

Jimmie Rich

@syrmyth

I've got a Blue one size small for sell that is new with tags. It is one of last years that I got a month ago but it doesn't fit me. I will ship it CONUS for $65 to break even.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

The new down jackets are discounted down to the $120's this week for their down event.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools