Topic

SpinnShelter-esque

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear SpinnShelter-esque

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Thanks for the reference to cuben from Zpacks.
    Was looking for green shaded cuben to use for the vestibule portion of my next tent.
    (Not happy with silnylon for a dome design because of the sagging).
    The Zpacks .6 oz. was perfect, in a nice light shade of green, and I didn't have to buy 8 meters. It will take off about a quarter pound, and looking at some .6 oz clear cuben i bought to experiment with, I think it is a lot less noisy than spinnaker.
    Appreciate that.
    Sam

P.S. Am a diehard sewer, so my only concern is that it might rip along the seam lines (from a comment by one of the cottage manufacturers on a thread last year, but I think the discussion was about the .33 oz cuben – not sure). Could laminate a strip of it with Hysol to the main panel at the seam line before sewing. Does anyone think this is advisable?

P.P.S. Lawson, How does one know if silnylon is "6,6"?

Michael Neiman
    BPL Member

@neim0003

Paul, did you ever get this made? Would love to see your blueprints after the adjustments and putting it together. I'm interested in making one of these myself and came across your post. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools