Topic

Amphipod packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Amphipod packs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I picked up an Amphipod hrydration belt in a thrift store today and was impressed with the quality materials, design, and workmanship. I looked them up on the Web to find they make several lines of hydyration and gel flask carriers, catering to runners and adventure racers. I got a padded belt with some zippered pockets and a 20oz bottle that is carried horizontally and runs about $40 list— for 99 cents.

What I thought would be interesting for ultra light use is the small add-on pockets they make for runners and swimmers. Some have spring clips to hold them to you belt or waist band and others have belt channels. They range in size from holding keys and some credit cards to larger units that will carry an energy bar, etc.

See http://www.amphipod.com/products_a/products.html

The items that caugt me eye are a series of bottles and flasks that snap into holders that can go on your waist belt or pack sholder straps. The have bike bottle style nipples on them, but the bottle bodies are flattened and ride closer to your body with less interference to your arm movement. Looks like nice stuff. REI carries a fer of their products.

See http://www.amphipod.com/8400/8400.html

See http://www.amphipod.com/products_a/products.html

Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

When I do runs that are short enough that don’t require hydration, I ditch my pack and clip the pocket Dale described onto my short’s waistband so I can carry ID, credit card, medical card and cash.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Just got some specs from customer service because I couldn’t tell how big they were from their site:

AirFlow Lite is: 8 X 3.5 X1 inches (4.8 ouces)
    AirFlow Endurance is: 10 X 4.5 X1 inches (5.25 ounces)

Each has two compartments with a center divider that runs the length of the
    pouch area. The AirFlow Endurace has card holder dividers integrated in the
    central divider.

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

I have several of the Amphipod bottles and have looked at their other things. A local Running Stuff Store has a nice collection of the bottles, holders for the bottles, pouchs and belt things.

The clip on pouches are really very small. The clip device is interesting and I have though about sewing a larger pouch and using the clip part on it.

I have one of the 10.5 oz bottles with the holder/clip device that will go on a belt or piece of webbing up to 1.75″ wide. My 10.5 oz bottle weighs 1.7 oz and one of my 20 oz bottles weighs 2.72 oz.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools