Topic

Selling your inventions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Selling your inventions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mountain Warrior

@mountainwarrior

Locale: Northern Cal

Hi All,

OK, I’d like to offer a resource that I never had and maybe we as a community will benefit through our own creativeness. I’ve always tweaked, modified and even invented my own gear, and in some cases even talked to patent lawyers in hopes that someday I could sell it.

That dream is now reachable for me with our recent opening of Mountain Warrior, an online store specializing in mountain sports equipment. We're focusing on small business, inventors and entrepreneurs that need a place to sell their unique mountain equipment, products or tools. What we are offering is the platform to start marketing and selling your inventions. You’ll have to do all the production and distribution.

If all this interests you, keep reading.

Your product must be well tested, durable and made in a professional manner.

If your product passes the criteria necessary to test it's worthiness, it will be featured on our website, marketed by Mountain Warrior through a variety of mediums, and available for purchase to the general public online.

Feel free to email me for more details or post any questions on the forum if you have any questions.

My email address is: [email protected]

Our website is: http://www.mwkickass.com/

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I suggest that you hire a lawyer and hire an editor.

–B.G.–

Mountain Warrior

@mountainwarrior

Well Bob…

There is no need to hire a lawyer and criticizing my post defeats the point and childish!

What I’m offering is a great resource for inventive people who want to sell their product and see their dreams come to fruition.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

"There is no need to hire a lawyer and criticizing my post defeats the point and childish!"

Sure, but nobody here has criticized your post. Besides, you invited discussion to this forum.

I thought we were discussing your web site.

–B.G.–

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

And what does MW get in return %?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Only problem I see in it is that most cottage gear makers are pretty picky (me being one of them) and we like to control everything – from how it is made to when it is shipped. That is a big part of being in the industry. No one looks after a person's business like the one owning it.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Does TiGoat do some of this? I see on there site a variety of products by other people like GooseFeet down socks, Black Rock Down Hat etc.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

And I am wondering as well: are you just drop shipping? I get the feeling that is what your company does by looking over your website.

Mountain Warrior

@mountainwarrior

Hi Ken,

Good question, MW gets nothing except the opportunity to showcase the unique products of small businesses and inventors. MW is small and we want to give other small businesses like ourselves, the chance to get their product out to the masses.

Mountain Warrior

@mountainwarrior

Hi Sarah,

And that makes perfect sense. You can continue to run your business the way you always have. All MW would be doing is showcasing your product.

Mountain Warrior

@mountainwarrior

Yes, we do drop ship most of our products right now, and as I mentioned in my original post, when showcasing unique products from new businesses/inventors, you’ll have to do all the production and distribution. Again, what we want to do is help other businesses like ourselves get known to the masses, and in return, we would have the opportunity to showcase their unique products on our site.

Mountain Warrior

@mountainwarrior

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Interesting, one suggestion I would have is to drop/change the last 3 letters from your web name. My work and minor filters would block it and I think it takes away from the professionalism, but that is just my opinion.

Good luck!

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Steven, judging from yesterday's dialog, I don't think the original poster wants any suggestions in an open forum.

–B.G.–

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

I agree. I think Mountain Warrior is a cool name but don't like the name of your web address. Maybe you should change it to MountainWarriorOutdoors.com or MountainWarriorEquipment.com.

Good Luck!

Mountain Warrior

@mountainwarrior

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the sound advice! We’re working on it as I write this!

Mountain Warrior

@mountainwarrior

Hi Lawson

Wow, nice suggestions! Thanks for the feedback.

Hammock Hanger
    BPL Member

@travelpro

I'll second (or third) the suggestion about changing your domain name to something that (A) won't trigger filter blocking because (B) lots of people will find it offensive.

'Mountain Warrior' itself sounds OK. Is it also a yoga pose?

Just out of curiosity, and not being in the business at all myself, I'm just curious what a dropshipper offers nowadays that the individual cottage industry's websites don't already offer directly?

All best luck to you, MW.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools