Topic

St mary’s wilderness area

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports St mary’s wilderness area

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    steve seivard

@sseivard

Thinking about heading up here next weekend. Is it crowded?

Jenny Simchock
    Spectator

@framelessbob

Locale: R.D.U

Your talking about the area in Va.? The next month will be crowded. Dayhikers going to the falls from the top [brp} and the bottom. Campsites uptrail from falls and at the top around the pond.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

I disagree. I've hiked this area several times in all seasons and it is rarely crowded principally because it is a wilderness area which means it is overgrown and isn't a high traffic area to most casual backpackers. At best, I've run into a couple people doing geocashing and a few scouts, none of which are doing the full loop or staying the night. The leaves won't be changing for another 2 weeks or so. I just got back from a 2-day trip in SNP and it was packed with tourists, most of whom barely left the parking lot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools