Topic

Gear List? I need help

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Gear List? I need help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alex Crosson

@acrosson

Hello,

A few friends and I plan on hiking this winter in Ontario, Ontario. The trip will be a four-day trip. We will be camping for at least three of the nights. I'm having trouble building a gear list that is effective and affordable. I read some reviews and suggestions throughout my search of the internet but I'm having trouble putting it all together. That is why I am coming to this community in search of help. We are all college students and thus money can be a serious factor when purchasing gear.

If you could please make some suggestions for some gear that you might be experience with and you find to be relatively cheap. I'm not asking for you to write every single thing on a list. Just the essential clothing or sleeping wear.

Thank You for all help.

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

These aren't lightweight-focused sites, but they should be helpful in generating ideas:

http://www.wintercampers.com/

http://wintertrekking.com/index.php

Do you have previous backpacking experience? If not, starting out in the winter is a rough and dangerous way to learn. Even if you're an experienced backpacker, do your first trips in your backyard or a very short walk away from the car. It's also safer to do this in a group, so that's already one thing going for you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools