Topic

Need light season underquilt cheap!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping Need light season underquilt cheap!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kris Sherwood
    BPL Member

@tuskadero

Locale: Washington State

I have a friend who just bought his first hammock. He is in Phoenix and would like to find a cheap underquilt for it. Being in PHNX, he really only needs a light 3 season, nothing heavy or expensive. He is just a beginner and wants to start on the cheap he is a struggling small business owner).

Anyone have a suggestion of a relative cheapo out there on the market?

Thanks for any help!

Chris Peichel

@momo

Locale: Eureka

Kris,
    Normally light and cheap don't go together well…unless you make it yourself, at least with underquilts.

For synthetic UQ's check out arrowheadequipment.com

They have a Lost River 2/3rd Under Quilt that weighs 17oz, is good to 30deg and is $110.00
    Paul at AHE is awesome to deal with.

Might also be worth a look: http://stores.tttrailgear.com/-strse-Insulation/Categories.bok

tree to trail gear is selling mollymac stuff. I believe the person who makes the mollymac gear is a regular contributer on hammockforums.

anyway, mollymac makes a 3/4 length 8.5oz underquilt made out of IX or insultex.

I have not used insultex, nor do I know much about it. Maybe someone else can give you more info.

Good luck, hope this was helpful

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

chris, there are about 20 of us hangers around phx or near there.

tell your friend to check in the arizona backpacking club, snoop and ask questions around here, or contact me for any info on upcoming hangs that he can "test" some of our products. between me and some friends, there is enough loaner gear to fill a small store.

also, there are a grip of AZ hangers that snoop around the hammock forums and not always on here.. so if he is looking for advice for Places and People, he might go there.

any other info such as gear or its uses, just ask.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools