Topic

Mug lid and pot grabber

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Mug lid and pot grabber

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris Quinn
    BPL Member

@cquinn

Locale: North Queensland

I found this silicone "jar opener" at the local dollar store recently for AU$ 2.Lid It fits my Snow Peak mug neatly, and also works well as a pot grabber.Mug with lid I have used it with both alcohol and canister stoves, and if you use the ridge around the rim to pick it up, your fingers don't get too hot. My mug is 4" (10.3cm) across the top, and 4 1/2" (11cm) high, and has a 25 fl oz (750ml) capacity. It's not as light as the recently posted MYOG version, but is 20g versus the original 34g Snow Peak lid. I did pick up a few extras, in case anyone would like one.

stefan hoffman

@puckem

Locale: between trees

This is exactly what i need for my myog stove kit. Ive spent an embarassing amount of time searching google to find one just like that….and no luck. The brand on the lable in your photo has a glare on it so i couldnt look it up by brand. Where can i find one online? You said you got some extras, how much would it cost to have one shipped all the way over here to Nevada, US?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin
    stefan hoffman

@puckem

I saw the older myog version. I dont want just a flat piece of silicone. I need something with concentric ripples or ridges of some sort.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

This one won't help you Stefan, but for those looking for a flat silicone grabber/lid, I found this at a TJMaxx store for $0.99. The shark fin makes a good way to lift it off a mug and it is thin enough to flex in half for picking a pot up. Haven't actually used it yet so no idea how it is in practice:

stefan hoffman

@puckem

That is pretty cool though. I was using my drain cover for a while. I wonder if that one can handle the heat. I had a basic white one and it did well but it didn't get direct flame.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

The "Shark Fin" drain cover mentioned above is made of silicone, so should handle close to 600°F.

SharkFin Silicone

Chris Quinn
    BPL Member

@cquinn

Locale: North Queensland

Stefan, I'm not sure if you got my PM. I will post you a lid if you still want one. PM me your address.
    Chris Q.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools