Topic

Branded Shirts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Branded Shirts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to start selling some branded shirts and would love some feedback.

Would you prefer to see me offer 100% organic cotton, 50/50 blend or a dri-release type material?

Thanks,
    Lawson

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Lawson,

If you were giving them away, I'd prefer organic cotton, and I'd rock your advertising on my chest all over town. If I'm paying for them, I'll only buy merino or atleast 90% synthetic, and I'd prefer not to have a brand name plastered on them, but that's just me.

Just being honest, from one small gear maker to another. ;)

GL!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

If I had the money to give them away I would in a half second but I don't so they will be more like $10.00 with shipping.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I would be very interested in 80/20 poly / cotton blend — or thereabouts.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hi Lawson,
    Just my thoughts here, but I'm with Javan as well. For me, its hard to justify spending money merely to be someone else's advertising campaign. I can justify spending for function though. That being said, I personally don't wear 50/50, so to me theres no function in a shirt like that. Unless the shirt had a really kickass and original design, as opposed to just a brand's logo, I would't buy it.

That being said, I'm sure you can offer products that are both beneficial to your business, and functional to the user. Perhaps you can source some very lightweight visors? Just think about what products would benefit BPL members, tag it with your logo, and offer it at a reasonable price.

G'luck!

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

cuben shirt with titanium logo

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

I would for for a 80% merino 20% synthetic. What's dri-release? Sort of like quick dry shirt?

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Thanks for all the feedback. I am not sure if you guys hike naked or get free clothes but I don't. The whole point of the shirts were to offer something people wanted and could use rather then logo wear. So far it seems like most people prefer some sort of dri-release type material or a wool blend.

A dri-release is a quick dry shirt.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Actually, I much prefer brand and logo free clothing. But alas, they've become increasingly hard to find. :(

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Put a patch over the logo. "Hello, my name is Ben."

I like the idea of 100% organic cotton for everyday wear but merino wool for hiking related

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hey, "flattery" will get you nowhere. :)

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Lawson, I would use almost anything other than an entirely synthetic t-shirt. Full synthetic fabrics when used in T-shirts (ex: Capilene 1, like wearing saran wrap) for me is too clingy to the body, odor retaining, silky in the hand, feels artificial next to skin, shiny in appearance, and all too often looks techy and ridiculous. A merino blend or cotton shirt would both be perfectly capable and ideal for me, but I live in a dry climate.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Lawson

> 100% organic cotton, 50/50 blend
    Never in a million years. They are cold when wet and take ages to dry.

Taslan (or Tahoe, or Supplex) – for sure.

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools