Topic

TrailCast Pod Cast?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web TrailCast Pod Cast?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Stoughton
    BPL Member

@txtengu

Locale: Seattle

Anyone know what happened with this pod cast? There hasn’t been a new episode since April 27th.

Ryan

Steven Sergeant

@stevesgt

Perhaps he’s out on the trail? That’s the gossip from the Whiteblaze net.

Bob produces his show totally as a hobby when he feels like it. When he’s busy elsewhere, it gets neglected.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I’ve been wondering that throughout the summer as well. I religiously listened to all the first episodes and had presumed that this summer he was simply out doing what we all love to do – – hiking. I hope that he will be back in the interiewers seat this winter because last winter it was a great way to help get through the months of less hiking.

Robert Humphreys

@robhumphreys

Locale: Oregon

I e-mailed him several times over the sumnmner and fall to see if he planned to do more episodes. I have never heard back. I thought his was the best backpacking podcast out there.

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

I’m not sure what is going on at trailcast but if anybody is a fan of these podcasts they might check out this site:

practical backpacking podcasts.

There are some pretty good podcasts there including lots of the usual suspects.

Dan

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

It was indeed a very good podcast. I really liked his personality.

Carol and I are testing the waters here too. I think she’s interviewing, or has already interviewed, Glen Van Peski for a podcast to be released here, and next week I’m interviewing Mike Clelland and a NOLS student about their experience on the NOLS course this summer. Should be fun, even if my on air presence leaves a little to be desired! Ha! Maybe I should drink a bottle of wine beforehand. No, that would be bad.

But we’ve been talking about doing a BPL podcasting program for nine months now. it’s just a matter of finding the right people who are engaging on-air personalities and can produce them for us that’s the tough part. It’s a valuable skill.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools