Topic

Granby, CO?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Walters
    BPL Member

@bobrossjr

Hi folks, I’m moving to Colorado just outside of Granby CO below the Rocky Mountain National Park. I will actually living and working at Snow Mountain Ranch just north of Winter Park. Are there any ultra lighters in the area? After 700 miles on the AT this summer I can’t wait to get above tree line and out of the green tunnel! Look forward to seeing you out there.

Dave

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

There’s a few of us from Colorado. I don’t know rather the Denver area counts as in the area? Your moving to a beautiful place. I spent a week last season in the Indian Peaks area ending up in Winter Park. The Indian Peaks are just east of you. I also spent a night at the Snow Mountain Ranch with the scouts last winter. Its a great place.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Well … they are on the other side of the divide from Granby but Golite is based in Boulder and they just might know a few CO based ultralighters

Summit CO

@summit

Locale: 9300ft

There are few better places for having the wilds at your fingertips while still being in the eastern part of the Northern Mountains!

Within 1 hour of where you are:

Byers Peak Wilderness
    Indian Peaks Wilderness
    James Peak Wilderness
    Never Summer Wilderness
    Ptarmigan Wilderness
    Eagles Nest Wilderness
    Vasquez Wilderness
    Mt. Zirkel Wilderness
    Neota Wilderness
    Sarvis Creek Wilderness
    RMNP

I’m up for some backpacking in Eagles Nest or Indian Peaks.

I’m not sure where you are moving from but you might end up altering your loadout for your new environs.

ETA I’m about 50 min away. I used to work in Grand. Unfortunately the area tends to be populated more by the ATV/snowmobile crowd… but then they aren’t in the park or the wilderness areas.

Your summers will be shorter so take up BC skiing… great terrain around there with Rollins/Jones/Berthoud pass plus you have WP/MJ for a ski area.

David Walters
    BPL Member

@bobrossjr

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I’m actually living right on the Ymca snow mountain ranch grounds. It’s beautiful out here. I can’t wait to hit some trails and do some backcountry fly fishing. If anyone is ever coming out this way, let me know by email. [email protected]

The way it looks I hope to stay out here and work the Nordic Ski center here at the ranch.

Once you come west you never go back!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools